Here were the snap counts for the Chiefs:
Chiefs' offensive snaps vs. Los Angeles Chargers, Week 15 pic.twitter.com/KN26CwI4RC— Arrowhead Pride (@ArrowheadPride) December 14, 2018
Chiefs' defensive snaps vs. Los Angeles Chargers, Week 15 pic.twitter.com/KEqtV5UpXG— Arrowhead Pride (@ArrowheadPride) December 14, 2018
Special teams only
Chiefs' special teams (only) snaps vs. Los Angeles Chargers, Week 15 pic.twitter.com/dmC15tT1dF— Arrowhead Pride (@ArrowheadPride) December 14, 2018
Starters (offense): WR Tyreek Hill, LT Eric Fisher, LG Jeff Allen, C Mitch Morse, RG Andrew Wylie, RT Mitch Schwartz, TE Travis Kelce, WR Chris Conley, WR Demarcus Robinson, QB Patrick Mahomes, RB Damien Williams
Starters (defense): LDE Chris Jones, NT Derrick Nnadi, RDE Allen Bailey, LOLB Justin Houston, LILB Anthony Hitchens, RILB Reggie Ragland, ROLB Dee Ford, LCB Kendall Fuller, RCB Steve Nelson, S Eric Berry, S Ron Parker
Active, but did not play: QB Chad Henne, C Jimmy Murray
Inactive: WR Gehrig Dieter, WR Sammy Watkins, RB Spencer Ware, G Kahlil McKenzie, OL Cam Erving, TE Deon Yelder, OLB Tanoh Kpassagnon
Takeaways (in no particular order)
- Tight end Travis Kelce played in 100 percent of offensive snaps (60) for the Chiefs. Wide receiver Chris Conley was the only other Chiefs player to break 90 percent, with 57 offensive snaps.
- Wide receiver Tyreek Hill had 53 offensive snaps (88 percent) despite some foot pain entering the game.
- When it came to running backs, Damien Williams had 44 offensive snaps, Darrel Williams had 15 and Charcandrick West had only one.
- Outside linebacker Tanoh Kpassagnon was an inactive, healthy scratch for the first time I can remember this season.
- Cornerbacks Kendall Fuller and Steven Nelson and safety Ron Parker were the iron men in this game for the Chiefs, seeing 100 percent of defensive snaps (74).
- Safety Eric Berry played exactly 30 defensive snaps (41 percent) in his return to the lineup.
- Chris Jones needed only 51 defensive snaps (69 percent) to register 2.5 sacks.
- Inside linebacker Dorian O’Daniel had more defensive snaps than Reggie Ragland, 39-31. Rookie outside linebacker Breeland Speaks had only nine plays in the loss.
- Special-teams standouts for Sunday (16 or more special-teams snaps): TE Demetrius Harris (20), CB Charvarius Ward (19), LB Frank Zombo (19), FB Anthony Sherman (18), WR Marcus Kemp (16), LB Dorian O’Daniel (16)