Here is the Chiefs’ second official injury report of the week:
- The Chiefs had five players—Chiefs S Eric Berry, LG Cam Erving, LB Anthony Hitchens, C Mitch Morse and WR Sammy Watkins—out of practice to start the week.
- I’m starting to get concerned about Erving, who has now missed his second practice in a row this week. The Chiefs could end up having Jeff Allen start at left guard on Sunday if Erving cannot go.
- Based upon Chiefs defensive coordinator Bob Sutton’s comments on Thursday, I expect Chiefs linebacker Justin Houston plays against the Cardinals on Sunday. Sutton: “Hopefully he’ll pick up right where he left off. Of all the guys coming, Dan (Sorensen)’s coming back from a little longer thing, we haven’t got (Eric Berry) back, but Justin was our most recent guy that’s out. Justin’s played not too long ago so I think we have a better feeling that he’s going to be close to where he was. We won’t know until we see him out there and see how he does all the things when it’s totally full speed. You go hard in practice, but you probably still don’t have quite those little bursts and reactions that you have in a ball game, but I think he’s going to be fine. He says he feels really good and hopefully we’ll get him back because he was playing really good football. That would be a great addition for us here.”
- Cardinals wide receiver Chad Williams missed his second practice in a row, and defensive tackle Robert Nkemdiche missed his first.
- Cardinals safety Budda Baker’s listing of did not practice leads me to believe his status for Sunday could be in jeopardy. Baker wasn’t listed on the injury report to begin the week.
- Per reports, Baker and Williams worked out on the side, but Nkemdiche wasn’t present at practice.