Here is the Chiefs’ first official injury report of the week:
- The Chiefs had five players—Chiefs S Eric Berry, OL Cam Erving, LB Anthony Hitchens, C Mitch Morse and WR Sammy Watkins—out of practice to start the week.
- Head coach Andy Reid on the injuries: “Eric (Berry) won’t practice today. He is making progress. Cam Erving has been sick for a couple days, he won’t practice today. (Anthony Hitchens) will not practice today with the ribs. And Mitch Morse won’t practice. And then Sammy (Watkins) is not going to practice. Sammy’s is a day to day thing. He hurt his foot. He is working on it. He is making progress, which is a good thing, but we will hold him out today. Other than that, everyone is going.”
- Reid on Morse, specifically: “He still has symptoms. Everybody can look at it however they look at it. The important thing is he gets himself right. That’s all we care about. He is making progress. We know he likes to play football. But at the same time, you have to make sure that that’s right. The football can wait here till it is right for him. When he gets the OK, he can get back there and go.”
- In Chiefs safety Daniel Sorensen’s first practice back on the active roster, he was limited. It is Sorensen’s third week back in practice. Reid: “Dan (Sorensen) has been out there running around the last couple weeks. He has done well with it. We will just see. We will see how he goes. We will see how he does during practice here. I’ll tell you the same thing with Justin (Houston). We will just see how they do in practice and take it from there. I can’t tell you that it is one snap or 50 snaps. I can’t tell you that.”
- LB Frank Zombo, who missed last game due to a hamstring injury, was back at practice, albeit limited. The same for LB Justin Houston, who has missed the last four games with a hamstring injury. I expect both to be in the mix this week.
- Wide receiver Chad Williams was the only player not to practice due to injury for the Cardinals, though seven were limited. Cornerback Tre Boston, who missed the last two games due to shoulder and ribs injuries, was reportedly excited to be back in some fashion.