FINAL: Chiefs 37, Browns 21
- Dustin Colquitt punts 42 yards to end the game. Chiefs win 37-21.
- Baker Mayfield starts the next drive strong, opening with a 14-yard pass then a 38-yard pass to put the Browns at the KC 31, but on his third play, he’s intercepted by KC’s Steven Nelson, Chiefs get the ball at their own 35.
- Chiefs gain 31 yards in their first two plays, then, at 3rd & 11, Mahomes gets sacked at the Cleveland 37 for a 13 yard loss and the drive ends in a punt by Dustin Colquitt.
- The Browns next drive end quickly after Chiefs defense comes up big and makes a stop on 4th down. Offense takes over at the KC 47.
- Sammy Watkins injury update:
Keep in mind: Sammy Watkins has had multiple surgeries on his left foot. The injury today is on his RIGHT foot.— Tom Martin (@TomKCTV5) November 4, 2018
Sammy Watkins back on the training table, getting his right foot/ankle retaped.— Matt Derrick (@mattderrick) November 4, 2018
Sammy Watkins off the training table and doing some light jogging on the sideline.— Matt Derrick (@mattderrick) November 4, 2018
- Kareem Hunt starts the drive strong by breaking free and running 10 yards outside to the KC 35 for first down. Sammy Watkins gets injured on 2nd & 10 at the Cleveland 47 and leaves the field slowly following the play. The Chiefs get all the way to the Cleveland 21 on the drive, but at 3rd & 9, Mahomes is nearly intercepted after trying to get out of pressure and throw to Demarcus Robinson. Kansas City ends the drive by going for a 39-yard field goal and it’s good from Butker. Chiefs lead 37-21.
- On 3rd & Goal, Baker Mayfield, who returned to the field, finds Johnson for a 5-yard touchdown. They go for the extra 2 again, but no good. Chiefs lead 34-21.
- Mayfield finds Perriman who gets across the 40 for a Cleveland first down. Then, two plays later, nearly gets picked off by Kendall Fuller. After throwing a combined 45 yards, Mayfield gets sacked by Chris Jones at the KC 23 when the Browns are 2nd & Goal. Mayfield is injured on the sack and Tyrod Taylor enters the game at 3rd & Goal. On his first play, Taylor finds Njoku for 11 yards at the KC 12 and Anthony Hitchens picks up a 6-yard Unsportsmanlike Conduct penalty on the play, which is enforced at the 12.
Kareem Hunt TD celebration as @Chiefs score first against @Browns. @KCStar @SportsDailyKC pic.twitter.com/2d9SCWa5iT— John Sleezer (@jsleezer) November 4, 2018
Hat trick for @Kareemhunt7! His 3rd TD of the game! #KCvsCLE pic.twitter.com/v71MQfMY0L— NFL Network (@nflnetwork) November 4, 2018
- The Browns next drive ends in a blocked punt from Britton Colquitt by Damien Williams. The ball rolls out of bounds at the Cleveland 21. Kareem Hunt runs it on the first play for 11 yards to put the Chiefs 1st & Goal at the 10. Hunt finishes the drive by running it in for a 10-yard touchdown — his third on the day. Chiefs lead, 34-15.
- Some insight on Kelce’s touchdown:
Travis Kelce's second TD catch of the game was Tony Gonzalez-esque. He simply outjumped the defender to catch a 13-yard pass from Patrick Mahomes. Two TDs apiece for Kelce and Kareem Hunt, three TD passes for Mahomes. Chiefs are ahead 28-15 in the third... https://t.co/T3Tpfa57kg— Adam Teicher (@adamteicher) November 4, 2018
- Mahomes getting closer to breaking more records today:
8 straight 300+ games for Mahomes ties him for third longest streak in NFL history (Brees twice had 9 games, A. Luck had eight in 2014). 8 total ties for most in a single season for Chiefs.— Chiefs Communications (@ChiefsPR) November 4, 2018
- Mahomes finds 6 different Chiefs on their opening second half drive, which ends in a 13-yard touchdown by Travis Kelce. Chiefs lead 28-15 over the Browns.
- On their first play of the opening second half drive, Tyreek Hill picks up 7 yards, but Andrew Wylie is called for a 10-yard Offensive Holding penalty that’s enforced at the KC 29.
HALFTIME: Chiefs 21, Browns 15
- A weird first half ending for the Chiefs. With 9 seconds left on the clock, Mahomes spikes the ball to end the half and is called for a 10-yard Intentional Grounding penalty — despite the clock having moved from 9 seconds to 8. Chiefs have to stay on the field and on the first play following the call, Mahomes finds Spencer Ware at the Cleveland 43 for 9 yards. Then, while under pressure, and on the last play before the clock runs out, Mahomes throws an interception on a long pass that was intended for Hill.
- A 17-yard pass from Mayfield to Landry and an 8-yard run by Johnson puts Cleveland within striking distance and they find the closer. Mayfield finds Johnson for a 19-yard touchdown on the last complete drive before the half. Browns go for the 2 point conversion again, but it’s no good. Chiefs lead 21-15.
- Two plays later, Chiefs’ Derrick Nnadi called for Encroachment, which is enforced at the KC 49.
- Mayfield finds Higgins for a combined 11 yards then connects on a screen pass to Johnson for 10 yards on first down. Dee Ford comes up big for the Chiefs with a QB strip sack on Baker Mayfield at the Cleveland 38, but he’s called offsides.
- Chiefs injury update for Tyreek Hill:
Tyreek Hill getting worked on. He was limited in practice Thursday due to a groin. https://t.co/JvgjqM28jN— Arrowhead Pride (@ArrowheadPride) November 4, 2018
- Another Browns injury update for their thinning secondary:
#Browns announce that LB Christian Kirksey is questionable to return.— Pete Sweeney (@pgsween) November 4, 2018
- Hunt finishes the drive strong with a 9-yard run to put the Chiefs in close range and runs it in on the next play for a 1-yard TOUCHDOWN. Chiefs lead 21-9.
- Mahomes hits Hill again, this time, for 8 yards at the Cleveland 13. On the next play, Mahomes gets sacked at the 15 for a 2-yard loss and Mitchell Schwartz picks up a 10-yard Offensive Holding penalty, which is enforced at the 13.
- Chiefs come out strong and pick up some major yards early and fast. Mahomes finds Sammy Watkins for 19 yards then Tyreek Hill for a whopping 40 yards at the Cleveland 16. Chiefs get a 5-yard, Delay Of Game penalty, which is enforced at the 16.
- Nick Chubb runs for a combined 25 yards over 6 of 7 plays to help get the Browns to the KC 47. Mayfield then finds Duke Johnson, who gets past Breeland Speaks, for a massive 23 yards and a first down. Chubb finishes the drive strong for the Browns with a 3-yard run into the end zone. Cleveland goes for 2 points, but it’s picked off by Kendall Fuller. Chiefs 14, Browns 9.
Rate @tkelce dance moves 1-10— Sports Illustrated (@SInow) November 4, 2018
(via @thecheckdown) pic.twitter.com/Fku0iaVAwV
- Browns injury update:
Injury Update: DB Denzel Ward has a hip injury. His return is questionable.— Cleveland Browns (@Browns) November 4, 2018
- Chiefs get an automatic first down following a Defensive Pass Interference call on Cleveland, Mahomes capitalizes throwing an 11-yard touchdown to Travis Kelce to extend the lead. Chiefs 14, Browns 3.
- Kareem Hunt runs it for 25 yards to open Kansas City’s final drive of the quarter. Mahomes then finds Sammy Watkins for 27 yards at the Cleveland 18, but Cameron Erving called for Offensive Holding, which sets Chiefs back 10 yards. Mahomes then gets sacked for a 2-yard loss at the KC 48, but the Chiefs respond and close out the first quarter with Spencer Ware getting on the end of a screen pass from Mahomes then taking it 25 yards on 3rd-and-20.
- Browns open the drive with 9 combined rush yards from Breshad Perriman. On 2nd & 10 at the KC 46, Mayfield finds Njoku at the KC 27 for 19 yards. Eric Murray almost called for Pass Interference, but the Browns don’t get the call in their favor. Jordan Lucas comes up big for the Chiefs with a QB sack on Baker Mayfield on third down, ending Cleveland’s drive in a field goal attempt, which is good for a whopping 51-yards. Chiefs 7, Browns 3.
Mahomes with 27 passing TDs this season. The franchise record is 30 held by Len Dawson.— Chiefs Communications (@ChiefsPR) November 4, 2018
Kareem Hunt already has 11 touchdowns this year, which matches his total from all of last season.— Matt McMullen (@KCChiefs_Matt) November 4, 2018
- Chiefs close out their opening drive with at 50-yard TOUCHDOWN by Kareem Hunt! Chiefs lead, 7-0
- Chiefs finds Kelce deep left for a massive 21-yard gain.
- Sammy Watkins and Tyreek Hill combine for 13 yards and on the next play, Watkins gets a 10-yard penalty for Offensive Holding enforced at the KC 39.
- Mahomes opens with an incomplete pass to Travis Kelce and on the next play, Cleveland’s TJ Carrie picks up a 6-yard penalty for Defensive Interference.
- Anthony Hitchens leaves the field due to his persisting rib injury and is listed as questionable to return.
- The Browns go for it on 4th-and-1 from the midfield, but the 9 play drive ultimately ends in a punt by Colquitt, which puts KC’s offense at their own 5 for their opening drive.
- Breeland Speaks comes up big on third down with a huge hit on Nick Chubb following a 17-yard gain on the previous play.
Chiefs star with Dee Ford , Anthony Hitchens, Reggie Ragland, Breeland Speaks left to right at linebacker. Parker and Murray at safety, Fuller & Nelson corners. Bailey, Nnadi and Jones on the line.— Matt Derrick (@mattderrick) November 4, 2018
- Anthony Hitchens, who’s been battling an injury and had been questionable going into today’s game, is not only active, but starting for the Chiefs as well.
- No surprise, the Chiefs win their 9th straight coin toss and defer to the secondary.
From FirstEnergy Stadium
Let's get it!#KCvsCLE #ChiefsKingdom pic.twitter.com/qSqo6NjpxJ— BBQ Sports (@BarbecueSports) November 4, 2018
#KCvsCLE @photowolfTV let’s go! @Chiefs pic.twitter.com/ooHu1rrhtA— BenjaminBellucciEM (@em_bellucci) November 4, 2018
#KCvsCLE pic.twitter.com/v34b3mHOOm— The Beave (@Beaveocleave) November 4, 2018
.@PatrickMahomes5 Throw Power:— NFL (@NFL) November 4, 2018
#KCvsCLE: 1PM ET on CBS pic.twitter.com/roatqqkJfI
#KCvsCLE @AngryPensGnome pic.twitter.com/iNgrU12iZm— Kate Wilke (@katemwilke) November 4, 2018
#KCvsCLE @AngryPensGnome pic.twitter.com/EO8ckT5FN4— Kate Wilke (@katemwilke) November 4, 2018
#Chiefs inactives today vs #Browns:— BJ Kissel (@ChiefsReporter) November 4, 2018
S Eric Berry
RB Darrel Williams
LB Justin Houston
LB Frank Zombo
C Mitch Morse
OL Kahlil McKenzie
DL Justin Hamilton
#Browns inactives today:— BJ Kissel (@ChiefsReporter) November 4, 2018
QB Drew Stanton
WR Da’Mari Scott
DB Damarious Randall
LB Joe Schoebert
OL Desmond Harrison
TE Pharaoh Brown
DL Chad Thomas
Pre-game and how to watch
Subscribe to our Arrowhead Pride YouTube channel by clicking here.
The Kansas City Chiefs (7-1) head to Cleveland to take on the Browns (2-5-1) in their ninth game of the 2018 NFL season.
Please join us for the Arrowhead Pride Tailgate presented by Albright Buick GMC Cadillac on 610 Sports Radio beginning at 10 a.m. as we prepare you for all of Sunday’s action. Listen to 610 Sports Radio by clicking here.
Here’s how to watch and listen to the Chiefs-Browns game:
Nuts and bolts
Location: FirstEnergy Stadium in Cleveland, Ohio
Game time: Sunday, November 4, 2018 | Noon Arrowhead Time
TV channel: CBS (KCTV5 Local)
Online Stream/Replay: Fubo.TV
Pregame show: Arrowhead Pride Tailgate, 10 a.m. on 610 Sports Radio in Kansas City | Presented by Albright Buick GMC Cadillac
Radio: 101.1 The Fox (Mitch Holthus, Kendall Gammon and Dani Welniak) | Spanish Radio Broadcast: La Mega 1160 AM (Tico Sports)
Matchup history: Chiefs lead, 12-11-2
Odds: Chiefs -7.5
Final Injury Report: Chiefs-Browns
Prediction: Chiefs 35, Browns 21 (Sweeney) | Full staff predictions
Announcers: Greg Gumbel (play-by-play), Trent Green (color), Bruce Arians (analyst), Melanie Collins (reporter)
Enemy SB Nation site: Dawgs By Nature
Twitter: Arrowhead Pride
Facebook: Please like us!
Chiefs 2018 regular-season schedule
Week 1 | Sep 09 | Chiefs @ Chargers | StubHub Center | 3:05 PM CBS Week 2 | Sep 16 | Chiefs @ Steelers | Heinz Field | 12:00 PM | CBS Week 3 | Sep 23 | 49ers @ Chiefs | Arrowhead Stadium | 12:00 PM | FOX Week 4 | Oct 01 | Chiefs @ Broncos | Sports Authority Field at Mile High | 7:15 PM | ESPN Week 5 | Oct 07 | Jaguars @ Chiefs | Arrowhead Stadium | 12:00 PM | CBS Week 6 | Oct 14 | Chiefs @ Patriots | Gillette Stadium | 7:20 PM | NBC Week 7 | Oct 21 | Bengals @ Chiefs | Arrowhead Stadium | 12:00 PM | CBS Week 8 | Oct 28 | Broncos @ Chiefs | Arrowhead Stadium | 12:00 PM | CBS
Week 9 | Nov 04 | Chiefs @ Browns | FirstEnergy Stadium | 12:00 PM | CBS
Week 10 | Nov 11 | Cardinals @ Chiefs | Arrowhead Stadium | 12:00 PM | FOX
Week 11 | Nov 19 | Chiefs @ Rams | Estadio Azteca (Mexico City) | 7:15 PM | ESPN
Week 12 | Bye
Week 13 | Dec 02 | Chiefs @ Raiders | Oakland Coliseum | 3:05 PM | CBS
Week 14 | Dec 09 | Ravens @ Chiefs | Arrowhead Stadium | 12:00 PM | CBS
Week 15 | Dec 13 | Chargers @ Chiefs | Arrowhead Stadium | 7:20 PM | FOX
Week 16 | Dec 23 | Chiefs @ Seahawks | CenturyLink Field | 7:20 PM | NBC
Week 17 | Dec 30 | Raiders @ Chiefs | Arrowhead Stadium | 12:00 PM | CBS