FINAL: Chiefs 30, Jaguars 14
- Read the full recap here
- CHIEFS VICTORY: 30-14 over the Jaguars at home.
- Chiefs end the game with an interception by Orlando Scandrick who then threw the ball into the stands
- Some insight on the LDT injury:
By video, left knee mid-grade MCL sprain.— David J. Chao, MD (@ProFootballDoc) October 7, 2018
Not season ending or surgical but could miss several weeks. https://t.co/i8Jgu3R1xF
- 5 yard penalty on the Jaguars for roughing the punter results in a first down for the Chiefs with less than 3 minutes remaining.
- Chiefs’ Laurent Duvernay-Tardif limps off of the field slowly after going down on the play.
- Chiefs lead by 16 with less than 5 minutes remaining in the game and the ball in their possession.
- Chiefs defense comes up big again:
The #Chiefs' defense stops Jacksonville on fourth down near the goal line and Kansas City will take over on offense. There's 4:27 left in the game.— Matt McMullen (@KCChiefs_Matt) October 7, 2018
- Bortles finds Niles Paul for 19 yards and Breeland Speaks picks up a roughing the passer penalty. 11 yards enforced at the KC 22.
- Josh Lambo kicks onside 13 yards from the Jacksonville 35 to the 48. KC challenged the kick, touched ruling and it’s upheld.
- JAGUARS TOUCHDOWN. Chiefs 30, Jaguars 14.
- Blake Bortles makes a nice run to get it into the end zone for a touchdown, but the play goes under review.
- Under 7 minutes remain and Mahomes is getting everyone hyped up:
- Chiefs defense is dwindling. Dee Ford kicked out for second unsportsmanlike penalty.
Now Dee Ford is kicked out. Second unsportsmanlike on him today. He can join Chris Jones in the Arrowhead clink. Let the "Chiefs are Thugs" narratives begin!— Jeff Rosen (@jeff_rosen88) October 7, 2018
- Quarterback sack! Xavier Williams records his first sack of the season after taking down Blake Bortles.
- Dee Ford exiting field on his own after going down on the last play
- Mahomes picked off for the second time this season after not having a single interception all season. This time by A.J. Bouye. Jaguars take over at midfield.
- CHIEFS INTERCEPTION. Jordan Lucas picks it off in the end zone then runs it all the way to the midfield where the Chiefs offense take the field.
- SACK. Bortles sacked by Terrance Smith.
- Orlando Scandrick forces back-to-back incomplete passes by Blake Bortles
- CHIEFS TOUCHDOWN. Kareem Hunt ends a strong drive by the Chiefs with a 4 yard TD. Extra point is good and Chiefs lead 30-7
- Mahomes finds Hill again, this time, for a massive 36 yard gain. Hill’s pushed outside by Ramsey at the Jacksonville 29. Jaguars’ Malik Jackson picks up a foul for roughing the passer, which is enforced at the Jacksonville 29.
- Chiefs get first down after Mahomes finds Tyreek Hill for 10 yards. Hill is then pushed outside back at the KC 32
- Chris Jones disqualified for a “non-football act” after hitting the thigh of a Jaguars defender on the ground after the PAT
- Jacksonville field goal is good and the score is now Chiefs 23, Jaguars 7
- Blake Bortles with massive back-to-back gains. He finds Dede Westbrook for 23 yards then Keelan Cole for 32. The drive ends with a 14 yard touchdown to put the Jaguars on the board.
- Chiefs go for the field goal again and the kick by Butker is good! Chiefs now lead 23-0.
- Jaguars defense puts pressure on Mahomes and forces him to throw it away out of bounds
- Mahomes effortlessly finds Travis Kelce for 30 yards and the Chiefs are marching up the field after starting on their own 2 yard line.
This drive started on the 2 yard line and is still already at the 50 after Hunt gets 15 yards taken away on a dumb penalty— Cody Tapp (@codybtapp) October 7, 2018
- Mahomes finds De’Anthony Thomas for 13 yards
9th different receiver now for Mahomes with DAT catch #Chiefs— Josh Klingler (@joshklingler) October 7, 2018
- Jacksonville opens with a strong punt and Chiefs start with the ball on their own 2
- More Chiefs injury updates:
Houston is OUT for the rest of the game. Murray out as well— Cody Tapp (@codybtapp) October 7, 2018
- Mahomes pass deep to Tyreek Hill is incomplete. Eric Fischer picks up a penalty for offensive holding for a loss of 10 yards.
- Chiefs offense starts. Mahomes finds Chris Conley for 14 yards at the Chiefs 39 on the first play of the second half.
- HALFTIME SCORE: Chiefs 20, Jaguars 0
- INTERCEPTION. Steven Nelson comes up big to end the Jaguars final drive of the first half.
- A look in o
STONE COLD CHRIS JONES ❄️❄️❄️ pic.twitter.com/9PznelNjPs— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) October 7, 2018
- Chris Jones with a pick-six and Chiefs extend the lead FAST. 20-0.
- Chiefs go for their second field goal and Butker nails it for 42 yards. Extending the Chiefs lead to 13-0.
- Injury update:
Chiefs announce that two outside linebackers are questionable to return: Tanoh Kpassagnon (ankle) and Justin Houston (hamstring)— Pete Sweeney (@pgsween) October 7, 2018
Dee Ford and Breeland Speaks are in the game.
- Mahomes scambles backwards and gets sacked for a loss of 15 yards.
- Mahomes finds Travis Kelce who takes it 40 yards.
- Secondary comes up big again. Dee Ford with the strip sack and Breeland Speaks with the fumble recovery to send Chiefs offense back on.
- INTERCEPTION, JAGUARS. Mahomes throws the ball high across the middle on third down and the ball is intercepted — Mahomes’ first interception of the season.
- Chiefs pick up another 13 yards after Mahomes finds Tyreek Hill at the Chiefs 33
- First down! Mahomes finds Travis Kelce at the Chiefs 20 for 13 yards
- Chiefs injury updates:
Justin Houston just went down the tunnel towards the lockerroom. He limped off the field after the 4th down play.— Todd Leabo (@Leabonics) October 7, 2018
Armani Watts getting stretched on the medical table during this drive. Was questionable before the game.— Tom Martin (@TomKCTV5) October 7, 2018
- Drive ends in 0 points for Jacksonville. Chiefs offense takes the field.
- Jaguars make a strong drive, but Chiefs’ defense remains solid and force incomplete passes on 3rd and 4th down.
- Jacksonville injury update: Jacksonville’s Corey Grant is questionable with a foot injury
- Bortles finds Donte Moncrief for 6 yards at their own 31 and he’s pushed outside back by Dee Ford
- Chiefs 10, Jaguars 0
- Kansas City goes for the field goal and it’s good. Chiefs now lead by 10.
- Mahomes scrambles for 11 yards before getting pushed outside back at the Jaguars 4 and the drive ends in a field goal
- 5 yard penalty for a false start called on Chris Conley and is enforced at the Jaguars 10
- Mahomes finds Sammy Watkins for 33 yards at the Jacksonville 10. On the next play, Mahomes looks for Watkins again in the end zone, but he’s late on the play.
- Chiefs have the ball in Jacksonville’s territory to start the second quarterChiefs have the ball
- End of first quarter: Chiefs 7, Jaguars 0
- Spencer Ware comes up big with a short catch and gets the first down. Watkins on the other hand...
Heck of a catch by Spencer Ware for a first down and thank goodness it went to him - Sammy Watkins didn't know the play call. Holding his hands up confused before Mahomes got the snap.— Tom Martin (@TomKCTV5) October 7, 2018
- Mahomes looks for Kelce, but the ball is just out of his reach and is incomplete
- Kareem Hunt rushes up the middle for a 15 yard gain
- Shedding light on the Chiefs offense:
That's the first touchdown the Jaguars have allowed in the first half this season.— Craig Stout (@barleyhop) October 7, 2018
- Chiefs defense putting on the pressure, forcing Blake Bortles to over throw back-to-back looks towards the end zone.
- Chris Jones with the QB SACK!
- Eric Murray lower leg injury announced. Status is questionable
- The touchdown went under review, but the verdict comes back in Chiefs’ favor. Harrison Butker goes for the extra point and it’s good. Kansas City grabs the lead 7 - 0.
- Chiefs TOUCHDOWN. After looking for options in the end zone, Mahomes finds an opening and drives it home himself.
- Mahomes found Tyreek Hill for 2 yards at the Jaguars 9. Unnecessary roughness called on Barry Church.
- Mahomes finds Kareem Hunt for 7 yards then hits Travis Kelce in the middle who then turns outside and runs it one-on-one for 15 yards
- 9:49 Mahomes finds Anthony Sherman for 15 yards
It's a nice luxury to have a fullback who can line up and take TE snaps when needed. Nice play from Anthony Sherman right there on third down. #Chiefs driving.— BJ Kissel (@ChiefsReporter) October 7, 2018
- Tyreek Hill to the Jaguars 33 for 40 yards, but offensive holding call on Sammy Watkins is enforced at the KC 48
- Chiefs offense takes the field and...
Looks like the rain just slowed for Mahomes, of course.— Sam Mellinger (@mellinger) October 7, 2018
- 3rd down and Blake Bortles throws incomplete
- Dee Ford, who was questionable earlier this week due to an injury sustained in week 4 against the Broncos, is playing and comes up big with a tackle on T. J. Yeldon at the Jags 27.
- No surprise, Chiefs win the toss and defer to the second half. 5-0 on coin tosses this year.
- Fans can be heard booing as a couple of Jaguars players run across the field
There is optimistic that #Chiefs WR Sammy Watkins (hamstring) plays today, source said, assuming he has no setbacks in warmups. His injury was minor.— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) October 7, 2018
- Dee Ford, Armani Watts and Sammy Watkins all listed as active and were on the field warming up with the Chiefs before today’s game
Nuts and bolts
Location: Arrowhead Stadium in Kansas City, Missouri
Game time: Sunday, October 7, 2018 | Noon Arrowhead Time
TV channel: CBS | KCTV5 local
Online Stream/Replay: NFL Gamepass
Pregame show: Arrowhead Pride Tailgate, 10 a.m. on 610 Sports Radio in Kansas City | Presented by Albright Buick GMC Cadillac
Radio: 101.1 The Fox (Mitch Holthus, Kendall Gammon and Dani Welniak) | Spanish Radio Broadcast: La Mega 1160 AM (Tico Sports)
Matchup history: Jaguars lead 6-5 (regular season)
Odds: Chiefs -3.0
Final Injury Report: Chiefs-Steelers
Prediction: Chiefs 24, Jaguars 17 (Sweeney) | Full staff predictions
Announcers: Jim Nantz (play-by-play), Tony Romo (analyst), Tracy Wolfson (sideline)
Enemy SB Nation site: Big Cat Country
Twitter: Arrowhead Pride
Facebook: Please like us!
Chiefs 2018 regular-season schedule
Week 1 | Sep 09 | Chiefs @ Chargers | StubHub Center | 3:05 PM CBS Week 2 | Sep 16 | Chiefs @ Steelers | Heinz Field | 12:00 PM | CBS Week 3 | Sep 23 | 49ers @ Chiefs | Arrowhead Stadium | 12:00 PM | FOX Week 4 | Oct 01 | Chiefs @ Broncos | Sports Authority Field at Mile High | 7:15 PM | ESPN
Week 5 | Oct 07 | Jaguars @ Chiefs | Arrowhead Stadium | 12:00 PM | CBS
Week 6 | Oct 14 | Chiefs @ Patriots | Gillette Stadium | 7:20 PM | NBC
Week 7 | Oct 21 | Bengals @ Chiefs | Arrowhead Stadium | 12:00 PM | CBS
Week 8 | Oct 28 | Broncos @ Chiefs | Arrowhead Stadium | 12:00 PM | CBS
Week 9 | Nov 04 | Chiefs @ Browns | FirstEnergy Stadium | 12:00 PM | CBS
Week 10 | Nov 11 | Cardinals @ Chiefs | Arrowhead Stadium | 12:00 PM | FOX
Week 11 | Nov 19 | Chiefs @ Rams | Estadio Azteca (Mexico City) | 7:15 PM | ESPN
Week 12 | Bye
Week 13 | Dec 02 | Chiefs @ Raiders | Oakland Coliseum | 3:05 PM | CBS
Week 14 | Dec 09 | Ravens @ Chiefs | Arrowhead Stadium | 12:00 PM | CBS
Week 15 | Dec 13 | Chargers @ Chiefs | Arrowhead Stadium | 7:20 PM | FOX
Week 16 | Dec 23 | Chiefs @ Seahawks | CenturyLink Field | 7:20 PM | NBC
Week 17 | Dec 30 | Raiders @ Chiefs | Arrowhead Stadium | 12:00 PM | CBS