Here is the Chiefs’ second official injury report of the week:
- As expected, four Chiefs—Eric Berry, Justin Houston, Tanoh Kpassagnon and Eric Murray—did not practice. Running back Spencer Ware returned to practice.
- Wide receiver De’Anthony Thomas popped up on the report after practicing fully on Wednesday, which means in all likelihood, he injured his lower leg during Thursday’s workout. We should know more when Chiefs head coach Andy Reid speaks to the media on Friday afternoon at 1 p.m. (Arrowhead Time).
- If Thomas’ injury is serious, the Chiefs are carrying two wide receivers—Josh Crockett and Gehrig Dieter—on their practice squad.
- Earlier this week, Reid said that outside linebacker Justin Houston is “a stretch” to play in New England this weekend, while he thinks there’s a “chance” for OLB Tanoh Kpassagnon. But based upon defensive coordinator Bob Sutton’s comments from Thursday, I believe that neither plays, and both S Jordan Lucas and OLB Breeland Speaks will start Sunday night against the Patriots.
- Of note on the other side—wide receiver Chris Hogan did not practice for New England. This doesn’t necessarily mean a setback, but it is not a good sign for his playing chances against the Chiefs.