Each practice day, the Kansas City Chiefs will release an official injury report leading up to the next game. The Chiefs travel to New England to face the Patriots on Sunday Night Football.
Here is the Chiefs’ first official injury report of the week:
- As expected, four Chiefs—Eric Berry, Justin Houston, Tanoh Kpassagnon and Eric Murray—did not practice to start the week. Dee Ford (groin/hand) and Sammy Watkins (hamstring), who were questionable headed into last week’s game against the Jaguars, were full participants.
- As noted by Matt Derrick of Chiefs Digest, wide receiver Marcus Kemp is working as the Chiefs’ emergency fourth safety with Armani Watts headed for surgery and Murray not practicing. This is not ideal.
- Ron Parker, Jordan Lucas and newcomer Josh Shaw are your actual safeties at the moment.
- Andy Reid said that outside linebacker Justin Houston is “a stretch” to play in New England this weekend, while he thinks there’s a “chance” for OLB Tanoh Kpassagnon.
- Nine Patriots were limited on Wednesday.