Madden sim: Chiefs-Texans Week 5
You might want to watch this one until the end!Posted by Arrowhead Pride: For Kansas City Chiefs Fans on Saturday, October 7, 2017
The Madden simulation has rarely picked the Chiefs to win this year (simulations are actually 1-for-4 at this point), but this one is a lot of fun.
Watch above, or if you can’t, here’s the link.
Chiefs 37, Texans 30
The Houston Texans jumped out to a 17-0 lead via touchdowns from Bruce Ellington and DeAndre Hopkins. But with just four minutes left in the second quarter, the Chiefs woke up. Alex Smith rallied to make the game 17-10 after a 44-yard touchdown to Tyreek Hill right before halftime.
Houston struck first in the second half when Hopkins beat Terrance Mitchell for a 73-yard touchdown to make it 24-10. However, on the next Texans possession, Deshaun Watson threw a pick-six to Ron Parker—back to a seven-point game. Houston stretched it back to 10 with a field goal, but another Hill touchdown cut the game to three.
The Chiefs tied the game at 27 thanks to a Harrison Butker field goal, but the Texans matched to go back up.
With under two minutes to go, Smith orchestrated a game-winning drive, capped off by a touchdown to Travis Kelce. The Chiefs’ first lead of the game came with 1:11 left on the clock.
- Texans WR DeAndre Hopkins - eight catches for 293 yards and two touchdowns
- Chiefs WR Tyreek Hill - six catches for 173 yards and two touchdowns
- Texans QB Deshaun Watson - 20/35 for 419 yards, three touchdowns and an interception
- Chiefs QB Alex Smith - 25/33 for 373 yards and three touchdowns
- Chiefs LB Derrick Johnson - 13 combined tackles (three solo)