Hooray for Alex Smith!
Alex Smith finished the 2016 regular season with the most passing yards he's had in a season: 3,502 yards.— Chiefs Central Prod. (@ChiefsCentral) January 3, 2017
A career high in passing yards should lead to career highs in other categories like touchdowns. Not here. Alex’s 15 touchdowns were the least he’s had in a season since he came to Kansas City.
A few other notes on Alex’s season:
- Yards per attempt (7.2) was down from last year (7.4) but up from his lowest as a Chief (6.5 in 2013).
- He hasn’t had a touchdown percentage so low since 2007.
- His 489 passing attempts are the second most as a Chief to his 508 in 2013.
- His interceptions did go up with eight, which is a high since he’s been in Kansas City.
- His QB rating (91.2) was his lowest since 2013 (89.1).
- His 134 rushing yards were the least in his time in Kansas City but his rushing touchdowns (five) were the most.