Snap count observations following the Kansas City Chiefs 17-7 preseason win over the Green Bay Packers:
1) Marcus Cooper: 16 snaps. Jamell Fleming: nine snaps. You can take few snaps one of two ways: either the team is saving you from injury or the team doesn’t want you to get injured because they’re about to cut you. I would take these snaps as not a good sign Considering the Chiefs traded for a corner a few days ago, yeah this is not good for them.
2) Four of the five starting offensive linemen played all 79 snaps on offense. That is a lot of snaps! Good for them. Jah Reid, the fifth member of the line, played 18 snaps while Reid Fragel played 61.
3) TE James O’Shaughnessy played 60 compared to Brian Parker’s 32 snaps. I’m not sure if Parker’s injured shoulder played a role in this. One of those two might make it but not both. Ross Travis had 19 snaps. I think he will make it.
4) QB Aaron Murray led the way with 31 snaps while Tyler Bray was right behind him with 29. Kevin Hogan had 18 snaps and 3-of-7 passing. Murray is likely gone.
5) Tons of work for the backs. Darrin Reaves had 40 snaps while Knile Davis had 39. Knile put out good tape for others around the league.
6) Demarcus Robinson, Ramik Wilson and DJ Alexander led the way with 13 special teams snaps apiece. All three should make it. Special teams doesn’t hurt.
7) Dadi Nicolas, the guy we’re all talking about today, only played in 20 snaps. He had a neck strain, according to Andy Reid. So I wonder if that factored in.
See how Nicolas can bend and get low to move around the tackle more quickly? CRUCIAL trait 4 a pass rusher. pic.twitter.com/363YNHt3vq— Seth Keysor (@RealMNchiefsfan) September 2, 2016
8) New Chiefs CB Kenneth Acker played 42 snaps. I saw a pass breakup in there. He’s got a little ways to go. Does he make the roster? With a trade that close to the season, I would say probably yes.
9) There are probably 1-2 spots from this group of d-linemen: Rakeem Nunez-Roches (40), Jimmy Staten (38), David King (38) and Nick Williams (35)
10) Dezman Moses was the only Chiefs defender to play all 62 snaps. Not sure what to make of that.