The Kansas City Chiefs visited the Los Angeles Rams on Saturday night and we have the snap counts for the Chiefs to prove it. Here's how many snaps each player played - as counted by the NFL - along with some observations on each below. I have the snaps sorted by position.
- Tyler Bray didn't play.
- The first team offensive line had a pretty good sample size: 46 snaps. They blocked for Alex Smith and Nick Foles but had some issues with defensive line of the Rams, who are pretty good.
- Chris Conley was the first one up opposite Jeremy Maclin and he had a solid game with three catches for 66 yards. I bet he's in that same spot next week too.
- Charcandrick West was out so Spencer Ware (42), Darrin Reaves (27) and Knile Davis (18) got plenty of work.
- Quarterbacks snaps: Alex Smith (28), Nick Foles (38), Aaron Murray (17).
- Too many snaps for Jeremy Maclin and Travis Kelce if you ask me. Do they need 40-plus snaps at this point? I would've taken them out along with Alex Smith.
- Trey Millard played one offensive snap before going down with a knee injury.
- A few key defenders didn't play: Justin Houston, Tamba Hali, Eric Berry and Phillip Gaines.
- Plenty of work for the Chiefs young defensive backs. DJ White and Eric Murray actually started the game. Steven Nelson led the defense in snaps last week.
- Look how deep that defensive line is. The Chiefs are going to have to cut a good one there.
- Stevie Brown only 10 snaps? KeiVarae Russell only four snaps? These are both guys I think the Chiefs could keep. Curious to see why they're so low this week.
- DJ Alexander will make it on special teams but only six snaps here against the Rams.