Pro Football Focus has an updated list of the players with the highest ratings from last season who are still free agents. There are a couple of notable names on there that would interest me. However, there's a reason they're still free agents....
1. LB Greg Hardy: After Tyreek Hill? No way.
2. DL Dominique Easley: The Rams just signed him so he's off the market.
3. S Will Hill: I would've been interested in him ... if he weren't suspended 10 games to start the season. SB Nation's Spencer Hall had this on Hill about five years ago.
4. WR Anquan Boldin: Hmm. I would be interested if Boldin has something left. It appears he does have something left. He had 69 catches last season. The Chiefs only have a million bucks in cap space so that's a problem but I wouldn't mind it. PFF suggested the Chiefs should be interested in Boldin.
5. S Donte Whitner: He was upset the Browns cut him so late into free agency. The Chiefs have three young corners to compete for subpackage work.
6. S Walter Thurmond: The Chiefs seem to like former Seahawks defensive players but there's talk he's considering retirement.
7. CB Leon Hall: I'm confused why he's not on a team yet. 5'11, 195 pounds and plays the slot ... that seems like the type of player a few teams could use. There's gotta be something more to it.
8. G Amini Silatolu: I only remember his name because he was a 2012 second round pick by the Panthers. The Chiefs need to find a guard but have a bunch of options so I doubt they bring anyone on unless it's injury-related and it's in training camp or something.
9. DL Kevin Williams: He's 35 years old. Might take him a minute to get signed. The Chiefs don't need more d-line depth right now.
10. WR Jerricho Cotchery: He visited the Chiefs back in 2012 before John Dorsey was here. The Chiefs haven't shown an interest in him since then so don't count on it.