With the 11th pick in the 2016 Arrowhead Pride mock draft, Bears GM RatsOReily selects...
Florida CB Vernon Hargreaves
I'm amazed I could get such a steal with the 11th pick. On the boards I've consulted, he's been ranging from 5th -7th in the rankings. So IMO, he's a BPA, a great fit for positional need and has the positional value of a lock down CB.
Here's just a few descriptions of Hargreaves:
- "Superb man coverage skills; best in the draft"
- "Possesses lost art of downfield awareness; gets his head around and plays the football"
His biggest flaw is his size: 5'10 and 204 pounds. But when you match that with this information:"Experienced three year SEC starter; lived up to hype from day one" or "does not draw pass interference penalties" comments how can I not pick Hargreaves. The Bears bolstered their ILB core, in free agency, and can draft a pass rusher in the next couple of rounds. So a top 10 Rookie CB can sure help Da Bear's.
Here's a link to Draft Geeks: Vernon Hargreaves NFL Draft Geek Scouting Report
1. Titans - OT Laremy Tunsil
2. Browns - OT Ronnie Stanley
3. Chargers - CB Jalen Ramsey
4. Cowboys - DE Joey Bosa
5. Jaguars - LB Myles Jack
6. Ravens - DL DeForest Buckner
7. 49ers - QB Carson Wentz
8. Eagles - QB Jared Goff
9. Bucs - WR Laquon Treadwell
10. Giants - RB Ezekiel Elliott
11. Bears - CB Vernon Hargreaves
12. Saints -