Kansas City Chiefs TE Travis Kelce is reporting starring in a reality TV dating show on E! this offseason called Catching Kelce. He hasn't confirmed this but Deadline.com reported it on Thursday afternoon.
The reaction to this news has been ... mixed.
Kelce is a young guy and he has played well enough in his NFL career that he's being recognized and given the opportunity to do things like this. This doesn't happen to somebody who isn't good at football. This is taking place in the offseason and Kelce has always been known as a hard worker as evidenced by his return from a nasty knee injury so obviously this won't affect his game on the field.
Well, maybe not obviously. I was surprised at how many folks thought this would affect his game or were upset that he was doing this. Most people who were against it made the same fumble joke (some were actually funny) but then also got oddly angry about this. Here's a sampling of our Facebook comments:
- Maybe he should work on catching and holding on to the ball more before he gets distracted by reality tv and trying to catch his soul mate, which he'll inevitably drop as soon as there is pressure.
- Maybe try winning a big game first then work on the tv career.
- Maybe he should work on his game...not his game. These things never work out and usually are the end of a career
- Look I think Kelce is easy on the eyes but he needs to focus on holding onto the ball instead of catching a damned woman!
- I'm starting to hate this guy. Constantly makes stupid plays on the field now with this nonsense
- CHIEFS SHOULD TRADE THIS F**KER NOW THEN