Kansas City Chiefs GM John Dorsey spoke to the media on Monday following the Chiefs roster cut weekend. Here's a recap of what he said.
1. Will Dontari Poe be ready Week 1? We don't know yet.
They're not playing him without practice. We'll know this week https://t.co/PgPJ5hkwYZ— Arrowhead Pride (@ArrowheadPride) September 7, 2015
2 .The Chiefs have liked recent waiver claim and former Chargers TE Brian Parker since the draft and monitored him throughout the preseason. He's a good run blocker and fast enough to catch passes, Dorsey said.
3. Will TE Demetrius Harris be ready? "Maybe yes," Dorsey said. I don't know what that means.
4. WR Fred Williams is a "great practice squad player."
5. Asked who his surprise player was this year, Dorsey said LB Justin March. "He demonstrated everything you wanted to see ... that's the guy I was cheering for." March is on IR so he won't play until next season.
6. On LDT: "I've seen the same thing that Andy has seen in terms of the development ... Laurent Duvernay-Tardif has a very high ceiling ... the more he sees, the slower it becomes. He'll be fine."
7. "We fielded many phone calls," Dorsey said when talking about the trade of S Kelcie McCray to the Seahawks.
8. Dorsey said that OT Jah Reid, who was signed on Sunday, can play four positions on the offensive line.
9. On what it says that no UDFAs made the Chiefs 53-man roster: "It tells you this roster has pretty good depth."
10. On cutting 2013 draft picks Eric Kush and Mike Catapano:
"If you get three starters from a (draft) class, that's pretty good," #Chiefs GM John Dorsey.— BJ Kissel (@ChiefsReporter) September 7, 2015