The first round pick is WR Dorial Green-Beckham which will cause plenty of disagreement. The talent level is undoubtedly there but there are enough off the field questions that you have to consider first. Chiefs fans are familiar with receivers high on natural talent but low on production -- that describes 2011 first round pick WR Jon Baldwin. I go back to what Kevin Harlan said on 810 WHB last week -- the Chiefs will go for the safe pick and their first round pick will often be boring. DGB would be the opposite of safe and boring.
Here is the full mock, which includes two receivers:
1. Oklahoma WR Dorial Green-Beckham
2. LSU CB Jalen Collins
3. Oregon C Hroniss Grasu
3. FSU DL Mario Edwards
4. Missouri LB Markus Golden
5. Auburn RB Cameron Artis-Payne
5. OSU TE Jeff Heuerman
6. Iowa OT Andrew Donnal
6. Purdue LB Ryan Russell
7. Utah WR Dres Anderson
A few other observations on the mock:
- Second round pick CB Jalen Collins is often mocked as a first round pick so it's no sure thing that he will even be there.
- I could see the Chiefs using a fairly high pick on a defensive lineman. That Edwards pick is a good one.
- It would seem that picking a running back in the fifth round would be a Knile Davis replacement. Hmm, not sure how I feel about that one in the fifth.
- I'm really liking the idea of spending a high-ish pick on a tight end. Even higher than the fifth round here. One option is Clive Walford out of Miami.
- There was another 7-round mock that sent WR Dres Anderson to the Chiefs.