KC Chiefs GM John Dorsey met with the media on Thursday and ... he didn't say a whole lot. He had a few tidbits of information I listed below but the big stuff -- the contracts of Dwayne Bowe, Tamba Hali and Justin Houston -- Dorsey touched on it but didn't really break any news.
"We'll have some questions with regards to various players that we have in free agency and stuff like that," Dorsey said. "You've known me for a couple years now. I really don't like talking about the business of football in this venue. I will say this, I love those guys, I'm proud of those guys and what they bring to that locker room. That's what I have to say there."
Dorsey did have a couple of notable items. The Chiefs will meet with Justin Houston's reps in Indy (which we knew). They interviewed some running backs last night. The biggest one is that the Chiefs will meet with Dorial Green-Beckham, which you can read about here.
More from Dorsey...
- Dorsey says they met with a few running backs on Wednesday night. "I know the guys we met, we all liked those guys," Dorsey said.
- Dorsey said that having someone to spell Jamaal Charles once in a while helps everyone. He added that Andy Reid is good about putting guys in positions to be successful.
- On the WRs at the Combine: "This draft class, the receiver position there is some depth there. It's similar to the draft class of last year. But I think the overall depth of this speaks volumes. There are players to be had in this draft class that can help contribute."
- Dorsey said receivers are coming into the league more prepared because more colleges and high schools are passing the ball more.
- Dorsey said that Donnie Avery, who was released on Tuesday, was slowed down this year by injuries and that sometimes these things just don't work out.
- On Ron Wolf, who was inducted into the Hall of Fame: "I couldn't be happier for the man. From a professional and personal standpoint, he's meant a lot to me. Not only as a friend but he's taught me form a professional standpoint how to do things the right way."
- On when the Chiefs next receiver TD will come: "They don't play football until Week 1."
- On the TE draft class: "What's interesting is you're beginning to see some more speed from that position start to show itself as we go forward here."
- On Justin Houston negotiations: "His representative is in town and I've had ongoing discussions with his representatives."
- On Dwayne Bowe: "Dwayne does the little things you don't see." He mentioned his work on third downs specifically.