Editor's Note: Compete against Arrowhead Pride members in our week 4 fantasy football league. First place wins $100 and the top 20 win cash on Sunday. JOIN NOW!
Jamaal Charles: still a great option for your fantasy football team.
The Kansas City Chiefs RB is on pace for over 1,200 yards on the season after his start to the season. Of course Jamaal would take 3-0 over any yards but fantasy football folks will have to take solace in the fact that he's still putting up numbers.
Through three games he has 48 carries for 231 yards, four rushing touchdowns, 14 catches for 81 yards and one receiving touchdown.
A few numbers on Jamaal so far:
- Jamaal is averaging 4.8 yards per carry which is one of the top numbers in the league. Adrian Peterson is at 4.9 yards per carry.
- He is sixth in the NFL in rushing yards.
- He is tied for the NFL lead with four rushing touchdowns.
- He has 20 targets this season among all players which is good for 9th in the NFL. The Cowboys' Lance Dunbar is the only running back with more targets.
- He has 14 receptions this year, which is fourth among running backs. He is on pace for 74 receptions, which would break his career high of 70 set in 2013.
There was a thought at one point that the Chiefs would be throwing the ball downfield more often and that would take away some of the touches from Jamaal, especially after the Jeremy Maclin signing. So far we haven't seen that. Maclin and Jamaal have the same number of receiving touchdowns (one) while Jamaal has four rushing touchdowns as well.
The Chiefs offensive line struggles probably help Jamaal in the pass catching department as Alex Smith is forced (forced?) to check down more often. I expect that to continue this year.
Jamaal Charles: still the Chiefs best fantasy option.