Not expected to play tonight for #Chiefs: Jenkins, Harrison, Commings, Berry, McKnight, Moses, DeVito, Catapano, Hemingway, Love.— BJ Kissel (@ChiefsReporter) August 7, 2014
Jaye Howard will start for Mike DeVito at RDE while Daniel Sorensen will start at safety for Eric Berry. #Chiefs— BJ Kissel (@ChiefsReporter) August 7, 2014
- WR AJ Jenkins: He had a hamstring injury but returned to practice this week.
- WR Mark Harrison: Another hamstring. He has missed a few practices in a row.
- WR Junior Hemingway: He has hardly practiced this camp due to a hamstring injury.
These injuries open up opportunities for Albert Wilson, Frankie Hammond and Kyle Williams to see more time.
- S Sanders Commings: He had ankle surgery.
- S Eric Berry: He missed two practices with a heel injury but returned to practice this week.
Undrafted Daniel Sorensen has a nice opportunity here with Berry out. Same with veteran Steve Gregory. There is a lot of competition for the third safety spot.
- DE Mike DeVito: He left practice on Monday looking at his left hand. Andy Reid said they were doing x-rays. No word on this.
- DE Mike Catapano: He missed a week of action with the flu.
- DT Kyle Love: Ankle injury.
Jaye Howard will start for DeVito. I see five Chiefs defensive linemen likely to make it; can another one come on strong tonight?
- RB Joe McKnight: He practiced for the first time on Monday after starting the season on PUP due to offseason knee surgery.
Too bad for McKnight. He is competing with Cyrus Gray for perhaps the final Chiefs running back spot (if there is one).
- LB Dezman Moses: Elbow injury.