As noted earlier, here are the players who did not play:
Offense: Alex Smith, Jamaal Charles, Dwayne Bowe, Donnie Avery, Anthony Sherman, Rodney Hudson, Jeff Allen, Zach Fulton, Anthony Fasano, Eric Fisher, Junior Hemingway, Charcandrick West
Defense: Chris Owens, Sean Smith, Eric Berry,Husain Abdullah, Justin Houston, Derrick Johnson, Mike DeVito, Dontari Poe, Allen Bailey, Joe Mays, Mike Catapano, Tamba Hali.
Here are this week's snap counts, which include offensive and defensive snaps (not special teams). Snap counts come via the NFL.
|RB||Knile Davis"]">Knile Davis||19|
- QB snaps: Tyler Bray (27), Aaron Murray (24), Chase Daniel (13)
- This is the first significant action for some of these players, including Fred Williams and Mark Harrison.
- Only 11 snaps for J'Marcus Webb. Figured he'd get more.
- AJ Jenkins (concussion) and Kyle Williams (shoulder) both left early with injuries.
- New Chief Mike McGlynn had 17 snaps. He was signed just this week.
- Eric Kush and Donald Stephenson were the only two players with 100 percent of the offensive snaps.
- Tons of snaps for Demetrius Harris. Travis Kelce and Richard Gordon were the only other tight ends.
|CB||DeMarcus Van Dyke||33|
- Frank Zombo and Dee Ford were the only two with 100 percent of the defensive snaps.
- Josh Martin had a couple of special teams snaps and that's it. Hmm.
- Haven't heard much on Justin Rogers but he played a lot of snaps. Dark horse roster candidate?
- Nico Johnson left with a quad injury.
- First teamers Ron Parker and Marcus Cooper both played in the game.
- Vance Walker and Jaye Howard look like the backups to Dontari Poe and Allen Bailey on passing downs.