The snap counts from the Kansas City Chiefs third preseason game against the Minnesota Vikings has some interesting notes. The Chiefs have to cut 15 players by Tuesday afternoon and then be down to 53 players next Saturday.
Here's a list of the players that didn't play (via the NFL):
WR Deon Anthony, K Ryan Succop, QB Aaron Murray, QB Chase Daniel, RB Jamaal Charles, S Sanders Commings, S Jonathon Amaya, S Eric Berry, CB Damond Smith, RB Charcandrick West, LB Joe Mays, C Ben Gottschalk, OT Ryan McKee, DE Mike DeVito, DE Mike Catapano, OT Donald Stephenson, WR Dwayne Bowe, WR Junior Hemingway, LB Josh Mauga, DE Kona Schwenke.
Most of those players are dealing with injuries. We knew the quarterbacks wouldn't play. Stephenson could've played but Andy Reid got other tackles more playing time with his looming suspension.
Kicker Ryan Succop stands out. He did not play while in a competition with Cairo Santos.
Here are the snap counts from the game. Note that this is just offense and defense, not special teams. These snap counts come from the NFL.
**I'm actually not sure on him. I'll update this when I know.
- As expected, Alex Smith and Tyler Bray were the only two quarterbacks that played.
- Interesting that Ryan McKee didn't play at all. He was a right tackle candidate with Donald Stephenson's suspension. What does that mean?
- DAT got more involved in the offense. He has played more and more each week.
- A lot of Chiefs receivers didn't play now that I line them all up. Dang.
- Joe McKnight made his preseason debut.
|CB||DeMarcus Van Dyke||17|
- The Chiefs rotated their cornerbacks in the game.
- New Chief Kelcie McCray didn't play. He came in the Rishaw Johnson trade.