The 2014 Pro Football Hall of Fame induction ceremony begins on Saturday evening. Seven players will be immortalized forever. Two of them are senior candidates -- Ray Guy and Claude Humphrey. Two more are first-year eligible inductees -- Derrick Brooks and Walter Jones. Closing out the list is Andre Reed, Aeneas Williams and Michael Strahan.
The best part of the Hall of Fame induction are the speeches. The emotion showed by these guys at their last big moment is very cool to see. I'm excited specifically for Jay Glazer's introduction of Michael Strahan. We'll update this post with links to video of the speeches.
Meet the new Hall of Famers
P Ray Guy
- 14 seasons, 207 games
- Oakland/Los Angeles Raiders (1973-1986)
- A punter on Ray Guy finally making the Hall of Fame
DE Claude Humphrey
- 14 seasons, 171 games .
- Atlanta Falcons (1968-1978) (1975 IR)
- Philadelphia Eagles (1979-1981)
- Claude Humphrey, from Hazzard County to the Hall of Fame
LB Derrick Brooks
- 14 seasons, 224 games
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers (1995-2008)
- Statistics, accomplishments and more from Derrick Brooks
- Derrick Brooks made it look easy
OL Walter Jones
WR Andre Reed
- 16 seasons, 234 games
- Buffalo Bills (1985-1999)
- Washington Redskins (2000)
- Even a kid can recognize Andre Reed's greatness
DE Michael Strahan
CB / S Aeneas Williams
- Decalon Brooks for his father Derrick Brooks
- John Madden for former Oakland Raiders punter Ray Guy
- Cheyenne Humphrey-Robinson for her father Claude Humphrey
- Walterius Jones for his father Walter Jones
- Marv Levy for former Buffalo Bills wide receiver Andre Reed
- Jay Glazer for his friend and colleague Michael Strahan
- Lawrence Williams for his son Aeneas Williams
(All times Arrowhead Time)
ESPN 2: 6-9 p.m.
NFL Network: 6-9 p.m.