The Kansas City Chiefs made it official and announced the re-signing of linebacker Frank Zombo last weekend. Zombo actually agreed to his 2-year extension with the Chiefs on the Saturday before free agency started but didn't make it official until last weekend.
Zombo joined the Chiefs media for a conference call this afternoon. A few highlights:
- "I enjoy going to work every day," Zombo said. "I look forward to going into work every day. Kansas City is a great spot. It's a great work environment."
- On coming back to the Chiefs: "I wanted to stay in Kansas City extremely bad. All the guys on the team knew I wanted to stay there ... As soon as I got an offer, I wasn't really playing games. I wanted to go there no matter what."
- On special teams: "Our special teams unit was a pleasure to be on. Guys played with a lot of pride. Our coach, it was awesome playing for him. I would say he's the best special teams coach in the league."
- On GM John Dorsey: "The Chiefs organization is just first class all the way. John's not like a normal general manager. He's close with this players. You can talk to John on a daily basis whereas other general managers you may never seen him."
- Zombo said he was usually the one dropping into coverage when he played for a stretch with Tamba Hali.