With the 2014 Super Bowl ending (soon), it's time to immediately look ahead to the 2015 Super Bowl (skipping all that stuff in between, like the regular season). The Seattle Seahawks are the current favorites to repeat as Super Bowl champions in 2015 with the Denver Broncos coming on second. The San Francisco 49ers, New England Patriots, Green Bay Packers and New Orleans Saints round out the top six teams in the 2015 Super Bowl odds.
The Kansas City Chiefs are at 30/1 on the list, according to RJ Bell of pregame.com. That's the same odds given to the Indianapolis Colts, Philadelphia Eagles, Chicago Bears and Arizona Cardinals. It's the 10th best set of odds on the entire list.
The KC Chiefs showed flashes of becoming a team that can compete regularly in the playoffs. With a veteran coaching staff and a solid nucleus -- and, of course, Jamaal Charles -- I can see them being a playoff team again next year. But the Super Bowl? The Chiefs have to win a playoff game before convincing folks they're legit Super Bowl contenders.
In other AFC West odds, the San Diego Chargers odds are at 40/1 while the Oakland Raiders are tied with the Jacksonville Jaguars for the longest odds at 200/1.
Here's the full list of 2015 Super Bowl odds (via RJ Bell of pregame.com):
- 2014 NFL mock draft: Teddy Bridgewater, Johnny Manziel headline early picks
- Frank Caliendo's latest video includes an Andy Reid impression
- Odds say Broncos, what do the experts say?
- Super Bowl: Start time, score updates, live stream, halftime show, commercials and more for Seahawks vs. Broncos
- These chicken wings will make you the star of the party
- Do Chiefs fans want a Denver Broncos win or loss?
- Will Shields does not make 2014 Pro Football Hall of Fame class
- Jamaal Charles third in AP offensive player of the year voting
- Andy Reid comes in second for AP NFL coach of the year voting
- Arrowheadlines: Chiefs News 2/2