The Kansas City Chiefs kept their offensive line change intact for the second consecutive week with Jeff Linkenbach replacing Mike McGlynn at left guard. The Chiefs saw an injury at the other guard position when Zach Fulton went down with a foot issue. McGlynn then came back into the game on the right side and replaced Fulton.
It's tough to analyze these snap counts after the Chiefs playoff hopes took such a hit but here we go...
- Look at your guy Albert Wilson playing 58 snaps. If the Chiefs don't make the playoffs, he will be the biggest positive to take out of this final month of the season. He had five catches for 87 yards on the day.
- I'm curious to see what will happen to Anthony Fasano this offseason. The last three weeks he has played significantly less than Travis Kelce. I don't know if that's by design or due to a knee injury Fasano is getting over.
- This was the first game Richard Gordon was active since he returned. He was replacing Demetrius Harris as the third tight end.
- The Chiefs passing game was working better than the running game so no big surprise that Anthony Sherman didn't play a lot.
- De'Anthony Thomas played quite a few snaps for him. He has been more involved in the last couple of weeks.
- Chris Owens was picked on quite a bit during the game. Tough matchup with Antonio Brown on a few of those. The Steelers first big play (43-yard pass to Martavius Bryant) came against Owens.
- Dontari Poe still playing a ton of snaps. Getting him some rest has to be a priority next season.
- In one of his five snaps, Dee Ford forced a fumble on Ben Roethlisberger that was ruled an incomplete pass.
- Phillip Gaines had an illness so he didn't play (though I could have sworn he was out there for one play ... these snap counts come from the NFL, by the way).
- "Big Vick" Kevin Vickerson played 18 snaps, which is quite a bit for him. He's in there to stop the run.
- Allen Bailey returned after a multi-week absence due to a concussion.
- James-Michael Johnson did not play on defense.
- Marcus Cooper was inactive for this game.