10. No more planning your weekends.
Saturday: college football.
Monday night: NFL.
Please, Mrs. Arrowhead Pride, no more plans.
9. The calm before the storm. The waiting. The clock-watching.
Everything to do with this morning. I love this part.
Do you realize how close we are?
8. The new set-up in my office for game days. New futon angled toward the TV. Coffee table with plenty of room for my computer, phone and a plate. And chips.
There's room for chips, too. Big development this year.
7. Chili. 'Tis the season. Nothing beats my Uncle Dave's chili with burnt ends in it (which he claims is $8 a bowl). So good.
6. Knowing the Chiefs have a contender right next door. Go Royals!
5. Listening to Lenny and Mitch and turning down the volume on the TV....
4. ...and hearing this: TOUCHDOWN KANSAAAAH CITYYYYY!!!!
Justin K. AllerGetty Images Sport
3. The tailgating prep.
Is there anything better than a practice tailgating day?
Doug PensingerGetty Images Sport
2. Year two of a new era.
1. Chiefs football is BACK, baby!
Kirby Lee-USA TODAY Sports
You might also like: Remembering DT, 13 years later | Chiefs fans Valentine's day