The KC Chiefs play the Pittsburgh Steelers on Saturday night and there was a question of whether Jamaal Charles would play in the game following his
knee foot strain nearly two weeks ago. After missing last week's game agains the San Francisco 49ers, it appears Charles will play in the third preseason game against Pittsburgh ... if his Twitter account is to be believed.
About to get ready to play tonight..— Jamaal Charles (@jcharles25) August 24, 2013
Andy Reid said throughout the week that Jamaal is healthy and would have played last week if it were a regular season game. Charles, for his part, described his injury earlier this week, indicating that he was ready to test out his knee, which he hurt nearly two weeks ago.
There was one report that Charles would sit for the rest of the preseason but the Chiefs never confirmed that. Apparently that's not the case.
More from Arrowhead Pride:
- Remember that time the Chiefs beat the Steelers in OT
- Chiefs roster bubble players and locks: Who's in, who's out?
- Andy Reid and Bill Cowher: Not all that different (besides the whole Super Bowl thing)
- Keep your head up! A breakdown of Eric Fisher
- Full coverage: KC travels to Pittsburgh in third preseason game