- Rookie cornerback Malcolm Bronson is on active PUP after he was injured in college. He will continue to work out - just not with the team, but with the trainers. It's a knee injury for him.
- Donnie Avery, Shaun Draughn and Tony Moeaki all practiced on Tuesday. They were all hurt during OTAs.
- The practices this week with the rookies are a little bit slower, Reid said, but they give them a chance to get familiar with the plays again.
- On Eric Fisher, who has yet to sign: "No update there. They're still communicating." Here's a link to everything we know about Fisher's negotiations.
- Chiefs seventh round pick Mike Catapano can play both inside and outside. "He's got a little knack for pass rushing," Reid said.
- On the facilities at Missouri Western State University: "If you're a fan to come out and watch, and if you're a player practicing at the facility, great set-up."
- On coming in early this week: "Getting acclimated to everything, listening to Alex, Chase and Stanzi, just learning everything again."
- Cliche alert! Bray's goals this week: "Just getting better each day."
- After OTAs, Bray went back to California to work out.
- Great quote: "I'm done with all the dumb stuff." Bray was also asked about Johnny Manziel because of course he was: "He's his own person. I'm not going to comment on him."
- "With all the social media these days, you're never off the record."
- "[The Chiefs] targeted me, them, the Jaguars and Dolphins. I talked to my agent, he's known coach Reid for a long time. It was the best fit."
- The difference between NFL and SEC: "Not too different. The speed's about the same. The playbook is just a little bigger."
- On day one: "Felt good. Knocked the rust off a little bit."
- "Everything I've heard about coach Reid's camps, they're physical and it's going to be hot up in here in northwest Missouri in St. Joe."
- Chase said that getting this extra time with the rookies will be important so that they can work on installing parts of the playbook. When the veterans get here, they'll have a few days under their belt.
- "Coming from New Orleans, another prolific offense with Drew Brees and Sean Payton, I think here it's a little bit more fast-paced. The terminology is a little bit different here."
More from Arrowhead Pride:
- Sanders Commings is the first injury of Kansas City Chiefs training camp
- Kansas City Chiefs predictions: The offense, part 1
- Chiefs training camp 2013: What you missed as Andy Reid, the rookies and QBs arrived
- Arrowheadlines: Kansas City Chiefs News 7/23
- Chiefs training camp 2013: Andy Reid explains what to expect this week