1. 2013 NFL Mock Drafts : NFL Mock Draft: Eric Fisher fills No. 1 spot
I think he's got more upside than Luke Joeckel, and I think there's very minimal downside. You can plug-and-play him for the next 10 years and you've got a potential All-Pro tackle.
2. 2013 NFL draft - Mel Kiper offers up his final mock draft projection - ESPN
Luke Joeckel Analysis: As of this writing there are still indications that a deal sending Branden Albert to Miami could get done. But even without that deal I don't think the Chiefs will pass on the best player in the draft. Joeckel will be a starter at left tackle in Week 1, and a player that should help ease the transition of Alex Smith into this offense. Andy Reid's tenure in Philly was ruined last year in part by an offensive line that fell apart. I think Joeckel is a great building-block player for Reid's new offense.
3. 2013 NFL mock draft: Todd McShay sticks to the script for the KC Chiefs
ESPN's Todd McShay is no different as his latest mock draft has no questions at the top, sending Joeckel to the Chiefs. So we think that's what will happen but, as I noted the other day, the draft can bring on plenty of surprises.
4. 2013 NFL mock draft: Kansas City Chiefs select... - Arrowhead Pride
The Chiefs have a dilemma. And his name is Branden Albert. He wants to get paid and he will for one year. He wants to play LT and he absolutely will. Will it be for the Chiefs? That's yet to be determined. But until then, with the first pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Kansas City Chiefs select.... from Texas A&M, Luke Joeckel.
5. 2013 NFL Draft -- Peter King's first-round mock draft - Peter King - SI.com
Luke Joeckel: The top-caliber modern-day tackle. Blocked for a pocket QB (Ryan Tannehill) in '11 and a mobile one (Johnny Manziel) in '12.
6. NFL beat writers make picks for 2013 mock draft - Los Angeles Times
1. KANSAS CITY (Adam Teicher, Kansas City Star) — Luke Joeckel, T, Texas A&M: "With all the uncertainty over Branden Albert, the Chiefs need to do something to secure that position for the long term. That's a priority."
7. 2013 NFL Mock Draft: Round One
Kansas City - Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan A tackle has been slated for this pick since January. Fisher gets the nod late, as his natural athleticism and toughness may give him a higher upside.
8. 2013 NFL Mock Draft: If I were the GM for all 32 teams
1. Kansas City Chiefs – Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M Regardless of the Branden Albert situation, I’m not passing on the best player in the draft if I’m not certain that Albert is going to be with me long-term. I think Luke Joeckel is hands down the best player in the draft and I’ve had a solid offseason so I don’t hesitate running this card to the podium.
9. 2013 NFL Mock Draft: Chiefs opt for Eric Fisher in final prediction - SBNation.com
After months of preparation, the 2013 NFL Draft is here. Time for one last attempt at a mock draft.
10. 2013 NFL Mock Draft: Previewing Thursday night's madness - SBNation.com
Matthew Fairburn makes one last attempt at predicting the first round.
11. 2013 NFL mock draft: Luke Joeckel to Kansas City Chiefs - SBNation.com
Joel Thorman: "Following the surprise release of Eric Winston, the Chiefs were faced with three big needs: cornerback, defensive end and offensive tackle. Cornerback was addressed with Dunta Robinson and Sean Smith, and Mike DeVito slides in at defensive end - which leaves offensive tackle as the big hole. Andy Reid's pass-heavy offense will value Joeckel, who will start his career on the right side of the line opposite Branden Albert. Joeckel then becomes insurance on the left side if Albert leaves the Chiefs via free agency in 2014."
12. Daily Norseman Live Community Draft: Get Your GM On - Daily Norseman
Now's your chance to play as a GM. We'll be drafting two (or more!) rounds for a mock draft where a DN user has signed up for a team. Follow along, as we draft (live) for all 32 teams.
13. Quick Recap: 2013 WCG Community Mock Draft - Windy City Gridiron
Overall, this was a great mock draft, and we ended up getting it done in just over two hours. The picks are below... What do you think?
14. 2013 NFL Mock Draft: Kansas City Chiefs Select... - Behind the Steel Curtain
So how about some help with the suspect O-line with the first pick of the draft? An offensive tackle has only been selected first overall twice since I was born (in 1968), with Orlando Pace and Jake Long being the exceptions to the "Don't Draft an Offensive Tackle Number 1 Rule." I should mention that Branden Albert (selected 15th overall in 2008) is the current Chiefs LT and has the franchise tag for the 2013 season. You wouldn't think the Chiefs would draft Luke Joeckel.
15. BBV 2013 Community Mock Draft: With first pick, Kansas City Chiefs select ... - Big Blue View
"The Chiefs have franchised Brandon Albert, which is a temporary solution to the problem of protecting the not-so-fleet-footed Alex Smith. Joeckel can work the right side for a year and then transfer to the blind side next year. Defensive line and corneback, the other big needs, are fairly deep this draft so we can wait to address those."
16. 2013 BTB Writer's Mock Draft: Picks 1-17 Put The Cowboys On The Clock - Blogging The Boys
The Chiefs are actually a pretty talented team despite having the worst record in the league. The moves they made in FA have whittled their needs down a great deal. Still, they have a need at tackle and the best player in the draft is one; no brainer. Move Brandon Albert to right tackle and get this thing started Andy Reid. We'd love for you to stick it to Philly by winning a chip without them.
17. NFL Mock Draft 2013: The Kansas City Chiefs Select... - Canal Street Chronicles
This pick also makes sense because it's a SAFE pick. Offensive tackles in the first round are generally safe picks. Charlie Campbell, in his position rankings on walterfootball.com, calls Joeckel both the safest pick of the draft and a very safe pick. Why would the Chiefs be so interested in a safe pick? As I wrote above, it's the first ever draft pick for Joan (Andor? Doreid? none of these sound good to me) and they need to have a solid win to set themselves up for a long run in KCK, and this is the way to do it.
18. 2013 Cincy Jungle Mock Draft: Kansas City Chiefs Select.... - Cincy Jungle
This would have been really different had the Chiefs not made some of the offensive moves that they did, especially bringing in quarterback Alex Smith. While the 2013 draft doesn't have a quarterback as dynamic as Andrew Luck or Robert Griffin III, Geno Smith really was beginning to look like a possible No. 1 overall pick. If the Chiefs were staring down the barrel of another season with Matt Cassel, I'd go with Smith.
19. 2013 DBN Mock Draft: Kansas City Chiefs Select CB Dee Milliner at No. 1 - Dawgs By Nature
I was completely unprepared for this draft. I have watched no tape and haven't scouted any players. My relationship with football for the past five years has been watching it on HD and talking about it. I am Michael Lombardi. But, guess what? Andy Reid saved me and made this decision easy. He picked this player for me. The Chiefs have [reportedly] traded for Alex Smith, and I assume that they will franchise tag or extend left tackle Branden Albert. He is a known quantity. They might overpay him a bit, but he is a top-10 left tackle right now. The risk/reward on picking Luke Joeckel, who right now might be the best player available, is just not that good.
20. 2013 MCM Mock Draft: With The 1st Overall Pick, the Kansas City Chiefs Select... - Music City Miracles
I diced this pick up a million ways to try to make it more exciting, but I can't see this pick going any other direction. They resigned Albert; however, Joeckel still provides the best value at this pick. With the abundance of DE's available, I thought about maybe one of those guys, but the Chiefs have Justin Houston and Tamba Hali holding those spots down. Joeckel is NFL ready now and he provides just another asset to protect their offensive investments of Smith, Charles, and Bowe.
21. 2013 NN NFL mock draft: With first pick, Kansas City Chiefs select ... - Niners Nation
Explanation: Hello Niner Nation! I'm from Arrowhead Pride and I'm here to bring you my pick, but before I do that I'm going to explain to you the three scenarios that most chiefs fans have agreed on, which may be different than what you hear outside of Arrowhead Pride ("Take Joeckel!!!!")
22. 2013 NFL mock draft: Chiefs select Luke Joeckel - Pride Of Detroit
With the trade for Alex Smith and the signing of Chase Daniels, QB has become less of a need for the team. That is, if you think Smith is anything more than a stopgap. With what the Chiefs gave up for him, it doesn't look like they see him that way. So, they need to protect him. After releasing Eric Winston and putting the franchise tag on Branden Albert (then letting people know he was available for a second-round pick this year and another pick in next year's draft), tackle starts to look like a bit of a concern. That leads us to the decision that seems to be on everybody's mind: Joeckel or Fisher?
23. NFL mock draft - Football Wires - MiamiHerald.com
1. Kansas City: OT Eric Fisher, Central Michigan. Chiefs need to secure an important position.