What does the Alex Smith trade mean for the Chiefs?
1. New starting QB in 2013: 'The Chiefs got the best veteran free agent quarterback available. Obviously the compensation was very, very steep. The Chiefs have a better chance of winning next season with Alex Smith than any other quarterback they could've had."
2. Pressure on Alex Smith: Who had more pressure on them, Matt Cassel or Alex Smith? BJ picks Cassel.
3. NFL Draft implications: "Luke Joeckel becomes the guy everyone is talking about with the No. 1 pick." Can you still draft two quarterbacks this year?
4. Rest of free agency: If the Chiefs did sign Branden Albert, then it wouldn't be a simple swap of Albert and Cassel for Joeckel and Smith. Also: the effect on Dwayne Bowe.
5. Bold offseason moves: Andy Reid was the first coach signed, then John Dorsey and then the big trade for Alex Smith.