The KC Chiefs over the last three weeks have been torched in the secondary, giving up two games over 300 yards passing and one over 400 yards. Sure, it was to Peyton Manning and Philip Rivers, two of the best in the game this year, but the defensive meltdowns as of late have been interesting.
To that end, what also makes this interesting is that the Chiefs earlier this week worked out four players and they were all defensive backs.
Chiefs worked out Michael Ricks, Andre Freeman, Eddie Whitley and Devin Willis— Aaron Wilson (@RavensInsider) December 5, 2013
Ricks is a defensive back out of small Stillman College. Freeman, a cornerback, spent some time with the Steelers as an undrafted free agent out of Slippery Rock. Willis is a cornerback who went to Northern Arizona.
Brandon Flowers could help the Chiefs get to know Eddie Whitley, who also went to Virginia Tech. Whitley is a former Eagle, having spent time on the practice squad last season. He was cut last August at which time our Eagles blog, Bleeding Green Nation, said that they thought Whitley had a "fighting chance" to make the roster.
From a personnel standpoint, the Chiefs are who they are at this point. There usually aren't very many (if any) players available in December who can help a team. So I wouldn't expect any stunning personnel moves. This is possibly just keeping tabs on who's out there in case of an injury.
- Broncos vs. Chiefs: The best and the worst
- Lots of people watched the Broncos-Chiefs game
- Branden Albert among Chiefs players not practicing
- What do you do for a living? Chiefs kingdom edition
- Chiefs roster move: Kyle Love cut, Jerrell Powe returns
- How the Chiefs, Broncos, Patriots and Colts can clinch a playoff spot
- NFL power rankings, Week 14
- Is Dontari Poe the most valuable Chiefs player?
- Arrowheadlines: Chiefs News 12/4