So of course the rematch was a ratings bonanza, too.
Via CBS, which aired the game:
CBS Sports' Week 13 national doubleheader coverage of THE NFL ON CBS on Sunday, Dec. 1, highlighted by Denver vs. Kansas City (4:25 PM, ET), earned an preliminary national household rating/share of 16.7/29, up 20%, from last year's 13.9/24, tying with Denver-Dallas (16.7/31 on 10/06 on CBS) as the highest rated NFL telecast on any network this season.
The Denver-Kansas City game and the Denver-Dallas are the two highest-rated NFL games this season on any network.
The 16.7/29 is the highest-rated NFL game window of the day on any network, including prime time.
If only the Chiefs would win when the world is watching...
- Branden Albert among KC Chiefs players not practicing at start of Washington Redskins week
- What do you do for a living? Chiefs kingdom edition
- Chiefs roster move: Kyle Love cut, Jerrell Powe returns
- NFL playoff scenarios: How the Chiefs, Broncos, Patriots and Colts can clinch a playoff spot
- NFL power rankings, Week 14: Kansas City Chiefs keep dropping
- Arrowheadlines: Kansas City Chiefs News 12/4