The NFL sent out a release recently showing just how many teams could go from worst-to-first this year. The Chiefs, Eagles, Saints and Panthers all finished in last or tied for last place in their respective divisions last year. This year, they're all in contention for the division title heading into Week 16.
The Chiefs may not win their division. Either the Saints or the Panthers will win the NFC South. The Eagles have a real shot to win the NFC East.
Assuming one of these teams wins its division, it would be the 11th straight season a team has gone from worst-to-first.
And that's pretty much why the NFL is the best. Every year, every team can say they have a shot. It's why Chiefs fans were just as pumped heading into this season, coming off the worst calendar year in franchise history, as they were in any other year.
- Alex Smith says potential playoff preview won't change Colts-Chiefs game
- Colts' coach calls Jamaal Charles a 'game wrecker', says 'we'll take any help we can get'
- Andy Reid on Chiefs injury updates, Jamaal Charles, roster moves and the Colts
- Chiefs have a new tight end, and more roster moves
- Watch these kids sing the 12 days of Chiefsmas
- Jamaal Charles named AFC offensive player of the week
- Arrowheadlines: Chiefs news 12/19