Last week the Chiefs cut Chad Hall and signed Kyle Williams. This week they make a similar swap. Williams, who was just signed on November 13, tweets that he has torn his ACL, which will end his season.
Saddened to say the I will be missing the remainder of the season due to another tear of my ACL...— Kyle Williams (@KyleWilliams_10) November 22, 2013
Reid said Kyle Williams tweaked his knee in practice Thursday and didn't miss a play, but he got it checked out and has a partially torn ACL— Terez A. Paylor (@TerezPaylor) November 22, 2013
That opens up a roster spot and explains why Chad Hall, who was cut last week to make room for Williams, has returned to Kansas City.
Bad break for Williams. Chiefs special teams coach Dave Toub was just talking about Williams and how nice it is to have more speed on special teams now that Marcus Cooper isn't playing there as much.
This doesn't change a whole lot for the Chiefs receivers. Dwayne Bowe, Donnie Avery and Dexter McCluster remain the top options.
More from Arrowhead Pride:
- Alex Smith from both sides: A fence-sitter's call for peace
- NFL picks Week 12
- Will Shields is a semifinalist for 2014 HOF Class
- Jamaal Charles 3rd overall in Pro Bowl voting
- Chiefs offensive line ranks 23rd in the NFL
- Chiefs game plan: Stopping the San Diego Chargers
- Arrowheadlines: Chiefs News 11/22