As a coach are you conscious of the magnitude of this game?
Head coach Andy Reid: "Listen, it's two good football teams playing each other, so you've got to expect that. That's all part of this. I think for both teams, it's a privilege to be in this situation and now you go play. I've always stated this and will continue to do so that you make sure that you prepare for the team you're playing. We respect the heck out of them and then, you get yourself right to play, and that's what I think the guys have done this week. We had a good week of preparation here."
What role does the altitude play when playing in Denver?
Head coach Andy Reid: "It hasn't. Probably in particular at this time in the year, I think the guys are into football shape. We're not running a marathon; we're playing a football game. So, I haven't seen that being an impact. I played in college at BYU, obviously, which is (elevated), so I understand all of that. But I don't think that will be a factor in this game."
Is it important to have big corners like you have to go up against this Denver offense?
Defensive coordinator Bob Sutton: "Yeah, I mean anytime you're playing someone as talented as Peyton (Manning), as intelligent as Peyton is, it gets down to a game of contested throws. That's what we do anyways, but you have to do that in this game because (he has a) 71 or 72 completion percentage, you have to contest those plays. Then obviously they have some bigger receivers, (Demaryius) Thomas and (Eric) Decker, and those guys are big and taller guys compared to some of the other receivers. Then they have Wes (Welker) inside and that's another problem or issue. But in the end, you have to challenge them and contest the throws and do the things like how we do business here. It's just important, now it doesn't mean you're going to win all the time, obviously based on what's on video, there haven't been many wins for the defense. You just have to go in and compete like heck because this guy, everybody knows his background, his history. He does a great job of preparation. He understands what they're doing obviously very well, it's his offense. He dissects defenses probably as good as anybody, ever."
Is the respect factor a motivator?
QB Alex Smith: "That's there, but I think the fact that it's a division game, a division rival, division implications, I think that trumps everything."
What are you expecting with the Broncos?
WR AJ Jenkins: "It's going to be a highly intense game. You know, it's obviously a big game. Everybody is hyping it up. We're undefeated, and they've only lost one game and have one of the best teams in the league. So it's going to be a good game. It's going to be a good fight all four quarters."
When you're defending Peyton Manning and he's yelling out the things on the line, are you listening
to try and understand?
OLB Tamba Hali: "No, myself personally, I don't pay attention to what he's saying. His tendencies are his tendencies, and you can't really pay too much attention to that or you get caught up in his game. We have a game plan, and we just want to execute our game plan."
Are you excited with all of the hype?
OL Geoff Schwartz: "I'm definitely excited. It's a big game for us. We're going to play a division opponent, one who is a great football team. We're on national TV, and we get to show the country what we're about. I'm pretty pumped, and I know we're pumped as a team."
How will the noise in Denver impact you guys?
OT Donald Stephenson: "We've played in some pretty crazy environments already, but I'm pretty sure this is going to be the biggest one. We expected it. It's a big game, a rivalry game. We go up there and pay attention to the snap count, good communication up front; we should be able to handle it."
How competitive are you and your brother (who punts for the Broncos)?
P Dustin Colquitt: "Very, since we were little kids, obviously. We root for each other too. I've been messing with him, and he's been messing with me since we were little. It's one of those things that you want to see each other be successful, but at the same time we're trying to win this game."
Do you have to tell Alex Smith to take shots down field occasionally?
Offensive coordinator Doug Pederson: "You talk about it in meetings, you don't want to put things in his brain or his mind where he gets locked in on a certain play or a certain receiver in certain situations - you can't do that to the quarterback, you kind of handcuff him that way. He still has to read the play out. He understands where he is at from that - he's learning this system like everybody else. We're going to continue to push the ball down the field and rely on his ability to make plays."
Do you imagine Kyle Williams will get some work on special teams Sunday and beyond?
Special teamds coach Dave Toub: "Yeah, I went back and looked at all of his clips, and he looks pretty darn good. We plan on using him in some capacity during this game."
Chiefs fans representing during Broncos week
- Via reader Bill Holgate, northwest Ohio
- Via reader Marc From Afghanistan: "I packed my Chiefs hat when I deployed this past summer and have been following the team my whole deployment. I'm finally at a big FOB with TV and getting ready to come back home, so I am looking forward to catching the Broncos game."
- Via reader Daniel: "Had to pick up the kids sidewalk CHALK AGAIN!! Well made GOOD use of it!! Ha Ha!! Go CHIEFS!!"
- Via reader Ben: "Here is a 3-d drywall art arrowhead I put in my in law's Chiefs room. It is about 7 feet wide and 5ft tall. There are some serious hours put into this guy."
- Reader Stephan: "This is my man cave! GO CHIEFS!"
- Via reader Darryl: "My 5 month old daughter showing her pride!"
- Via reader Michael: "Made a nice table to celebrate the 9-0."
- Via reader Juan: "i wear a Chiefs SB ring on game days!!!"
- Via reader Geoff: "My girlfriend got get nails done."
- Via reader Justin: "Chiefs on bye week so am I.. But still representing Chiefs Kingdom in Florida."
- Via reader Jeff: "I'm all over the city in my work rig representing my Chieeeeeeeefs!!!!"
- Via reader Shawn: "A Canadian Chiefs fan in Puerto Vallarta Mexico. How international is that."
- Via reader Bruce: "My Gnome family in Indiana! All named Fred! WolfeFred,Fred, Fredricka, and WalkingdeadFred!"
- Via reader Greg: "My new "Salute to Service" jersey"
- Via reader Super'Davo: "9-0"
- Via @JerMarks. Niagara Falls.
- Via @RicMets
- Via @smoorehoops10
- Via @Average_Wood
- Via @AlexHarmon4
- Via @astephens83
- Via @B_Twice5
- Via @SouthernbeLLSU
- Via reader Rodney
- Via reader Jonathan
- Via readers April and Chris
- Via @BradleyDowell: " My Jamaal Charles Wedding Cake yesterday"
- Via reader Tony "Right smack in donkey territory and no bricks through my window yet!"
- Via @rgkcpa "Go Chiefs! From Tulsa, Oklahoma"
- Via reader Chandler "Arrowhead clock made in wood shop."
- Via @rldchiefs "From Seymour, IN"
- Via reader Kip "Stairway to Arrowhead"
- Via reader Caren "My husband's 1st tattoo!"
- Via reader Jordan The Hy-Vee off 95th and Antioch in Kansas City
- Via @bill_az "Chiefs flag flying proudly in Scottsdale, Arizona"
- Via @KoutelasReed "Repping the Chiefs"
- Via @fyrcat222 "Sending cookies to my daughter's Bronco loving teacher."
- Via reader Barbara "Chiefs Christmas Tree"
- Via reader Morgan Harry is a Golden Doodle.
- Via reader Kayla "This is me in the Vegas airport on the way back to KC, needless to say I was already feeling [bad] and then this."
More from Arrowhead Pride:
- Arrowheadlines: Chiefs News 11/16
- Game time, TV schedule, live online streaming, odds, announcers and more
- 5 questions with the enemy
- Denver needs this win more than KC
- Start me up: Chiefs vs. Broncos
- Finally, someone did a Chiefs song Afroman-style
- NFL picks Week 11
- How are you repping the Chiefs during Broncos week?
- Chiefs game plan: Stopping the Broncos