Welcome to game weekend! The 9-0 Kansas City Chiefs take their perfect record on the road to face Peyton Manning and the 8-1 Denver Broncos. This is the best game the NFL has seen in quite some time. In fact, these two teams have combined for the best winning percentage this late in the season since 1969! The NFL tweaked their scheduling methods a few years ago which put more divisional games later in the year, and this is the result -- a terrific AFC West game in November.
The story line of course is Manning and the Broncos bringing in the NFL's No. 1 offense to face the Chiefs, who are the NFL's No. 1 defense. It's the unstoppable force against the immovable object. Both units are playing at historical levels. Denver is averaging a whopping 41 points per game with Manning on pace to break all kinds of single-season passing and scoring records. The Chiefs defense is giving up just 12 points per game and have yet to give up more than 17 points in a game, the first time a team has done that since the 1977 Atlanta Falcons.
There are plenty of other story lines, too. The Colquitt brothers meet with Dustin (Chiefs) punting against his brother (Britton). Broncos coach John Fox will not be coaching after suffering medical issues last week. Jack Del Rio is the interim coach. Meanwhile in Kansas City, Andy Reid is a shoo-in for NFL coach of the year. Defensive coordinator Bob Sutton and his exotic blitzing of Tamba Hali and Justin Houston vs. Peyton Manning.
Lots to talk about with the game. Read on for details.
Game time: Sunday, November 17, 7:30 p.m. (Arrowhead Time)
Location: Sports Authority Field at Mile High, Denver, Colorado
Do you get the game? Click here
Announcers: Al Michaels, Cris Collinsworth, Michele Tafoya (sideline)
Radio: 101.1 The Fox (Click listen live), Sirius 93 (Internet 815)
Odds: Broncos favored by 8.5
Online streaming: NBCSports.com will stream the game | NFL Rewind | Verizon subscribers can watch games live with the NFL Mobile app (subscription required) | NFL Game Pass offers live online broadcasts to users outside the USA.
Series history: 56-50 (Chiefs lead); 20-34 in Denver
Last game: Chiefs lost in Denver, 38-3, 12/30/12
Last Chiefs win in Denver: 1/1/12 (Week 17, 7-3)
Kansas City Chiefs
Probable: WR Donnie Avery (shoulder), DE Mike Catapano (ankle), TE Anthony Fasano (ankle, knee), WR Dexter McCluster (ankle), TE Sean McGrath (knee), LB Dezman Moses (toe), RB Anthony Sherman (knee, calf)
Doubtful: CB Champ Bailey (foot)
Questionable: LB Nate Irving (shoulder)
Probable: DE Robert Ayers (not injury related), TE Joel Dreessen (knee), T Orlando Franklin (ankle), S Duke Ihenacho (ankle), T Winston Justice (finger), G Chris Kuper (ankle), QB Peyton Manning (ankle), C Manuel Ramirez (knee), TE Julius Thomas (ankle), LB Danny Trevathan (not injury related), C J.D. Walton (ankle), CB Kayvon Webster (thigh), WR Wes Welker (ankle)
Arrowhead Pride picks
Matt Verderame: Chiefs 24, Broncos 13
Chris Thorman: Chiefs 20, Broncos 17
NJ Chiefs Fan: Chiefs 28, Broncos 24
Matt Conner: Broncos 24, Chiefs 13
MNChiefsFan: Chiefs 27, Broncos17
Joel Thorman: Broncos 30, Chiefs 24
Chiefs 2013 schedule: 8 games left!
Fans repping the Chiefs during Bronco week
- Via reader Bill Holgate, northwest Ohio
- Via reader Marc From Afghanistan: "I packed my Chiefs hat when I deployed this past summer and have been following the team my whole deployment. I'm finally at a big FOB with TV and getting ready to come back home, so I am looking forward to catching the Broncos game."
- Via reader Daniel: "Had to pick up the kids sidewalk CHALK AGAIN!! Well made GOOD use of it!! Ha Ha!! Go CHIEFS!!"
- Via reader Ben: "Here is a 3-d drywall art arrowhead I put in my in law's Chiefs room. It is about 7 feet wide and 5ft tall. There are some serious hours put into this guy."
- Reader Stephan: "This is my man cave! GO CHIEFS!"
- Via reader Darryl: "My 5 month old daughter showing her pride!"
- Via reader Michael: "Made a nice table to celebrate the 9-0."
- Via reader Juan: "i wear a Chiefs SB ring on game days!!!"
- Via reader Geoff: "My girlfriend got get nails done."
- Via reader Justin: "Chiefs on bye week so am I.. But still representing Chiefs Kingdom in Florida."
- Via reader Jeff: "I'm all over the city in my work rig representing my Chieeeeeeeefs!!!!"
- Via reader Shawn: "A Canadian Chiefs fan in Puerto Vallarta Mexico. How international is that."
- Via reader Bruce: "My Gnome family in Indiana! All named Fred! WolfeFred,Fred, Fredricka, and WalkingdeadFred!"
- Via reader Greg: "My new "Salute to Service" jersey"
- Via reader Super'Davo: "9-0"
- Via @JerMarks. Niagara Falls.
- Via @RicMets
- Via @smoorehoops10
- Via @Average_Wood
- Via @AlexHarmon4
- Via @astephens83
- Via @B_Twice5
- Via @SouthernbeLLSU
- Via reader Rodney
- Via reader Jonathan
- Via readers April and Chris
- Via @BradleyDowell: " My Jamaal Charles Wedding Cake yesterday"
- Via reader Tony "Right smack in donkey territory and no bricks through my window yet!"
- Via @rgkcpa "Go Chiefs! From Tulsa, Oklahoma"
- Via reader Chandler "Arrowhead clock made in wood shop."
- Via @rldchiefs "From Seymour, IN"
- Via reader Kip "Stairway to Arrowhead"
- Via reader Caren "My husband's 1st tattoo!"
- Via reader Jordan The Hy-Vee off 95th and Antioch in Kansas City
- Via @bill_az "Chiefs flag flying proudly in Scottsdale, Arizona"
- Via @KoutelasReed "Repping the Chiefs"
- Via @fyrcat222 "Sending cookies to my daughter's Bronco loving teacher."
- Via reader Barbara "Chiefs Christmas Tree"
- Via reader Morgan Harry is a Golden Doodle.
- Via reader Kayla "This is me in the Vegas airport on the way back to KC, needless to say I was already feeling [bad] and then this."
More from Arrowhead Pride:
- 5 questions with the enemy
- Denver needs this win more than KC
- Finally, someone did a Chiefs song, Afroman-style
- NFL picks Week 11
- How are you repping the Chiefs during Broncos week?
- The Chiefs fan response to that awful Broncos song
- Kyle Williams claimed by Chiefs; Chad Hall released
- Chiefs game plan: Stopping the Denver Broncos
- Arrowheadlines: Chiefs News 11/15