The New York Jets kicked a last-second field goal to beat the Atlanta Falcons on Monday night. I didn't stay up for all of it -- just the first half -- but it sure looked like an exciting game. I have a couple of reactions.
1. I am so glad the Chiefs are 5-0 or else we would spend the day hearing about Geno Smith and his 16-of-20-for-3-TD performance on Monday night. He had the game winning drive.
2. Chiefs fans want Tony G. Remember, I said I didn't watch last night's game. Once the Falcons lost, dropping them to 1-4 on the season, a bunch of Chiefs fans sent me their thoughts (unprompted) on a certain tight end in Atlanta that they want to come back home. Yes, I said "home". Lots of people were talking last night.
@ArrowheadPride why not try to trade for tony g after atl loss? We could use another te. Think of how he would help Alex!!!— Chrys Kenney (@ChrysKenney) October 8, 2013
For the record, I think the chances of the Chiefs actually trading for Tony G. and bringing him back home are extremely small if not completely non-existent. He is retiring at the end of the season (unless he's pulling a Favre) and the Falcons made a lot of concessions (such as no training camp) to get him to come back. I don't think Tony G. is thinking about KC right now, unfortunately.
But vote in the poll anyway and let us know how much you would give up. I'm at the 4th-5th round level right now.
More from Arrowhead Pride:
- Where should the Chiefs rank?
- Grade the Chiefs victory over the Titans
- Andy Reid: 'It's Raider week'
- Jamaal Charles leads the league in touches
- Andy Reid on beating the Titans, Brandon Flowers in the slot, injury updates
- Pics: Two questionable penalties even things out
- Are the Chiefs for real? 7 reasons they are
- History says the 5-0 Chiefs are likely playoff-bound