The Kansas City Chiefs are one of the teams who reportedly has an interest in free agent Peyton Manning.
We can now take out the "reportedly". Clark Hunt confirmed in an interview CNBC's Darren Rovell that the Chiefs have an interest in Manning.
"He's one of the greatest players in the history of the league," Hunt said. "He's also an incredible person. We feel really good about the team we have in Kansas City going into the 2012 season, but we'll look for any opportunity to improve and, of course, that includes Peyton Manning."
Hunt didn't confirm that the Chiefs had offered him a contract, as has been reported, but did confirm that he's someone they'll talk to, which suggests they haven't yet talked to him. He acknowledges that money will be important to Manning but also says that finding "an environment that he's comfortable in" will be important.
So, yeah, the owner of the Chiefs basically just came out and said they're gonna go after Peyton Manning. The full interview will air on NBC Sports Network at 6:00 p.m. (Arrowhead Time) tonight.
Suddenly my plans to watch KU basketball with Ms. Primetime at that time have changed.
Catch up on our Peyton Manning-Chiefs coverage:
- Clark Hunt says the Chiefs will be pursuing Peyton Manning;
- Peyton Manning visiting with Broncos, Cardinals and Dolphins;
- Chiefs "have a shot" at Manning;
- VIDEO: Chiefs will be a player in the Peyton Manning sweepstakes;
- Chiefs reach out to Manning's camp;
- Arguing against a Chiefs-Manning relationship;
- The Chiefs need Peyton Manning;
- Eric Berry "loves" Peyton Manning;
- Were Crennel's comments tampering?;
- Romeo Crennel's "crazy" Peyton Manning comments;
- Pioli responds to initial Manning-Chiefs rumors;