Did you know the Kansas City Chiefs and Baltimore Ravens had so many connections?
Chiefs GM Scott Pioli worked in Baltimore for a brief time so he's connected to a lot of the guys in Baltimore and some of the personnel and front office guys on the Chiefs right now used to be in Baltimore.
All your Ravens-Chiefs connections are below, courtesy of the Chiefs game release. There's a lot of these.
- Ravens Wide Receivers Coach Jim Hostler served as an offensive assistant/quality control coach with Kansas City in 2000.
- Baltimore S Bernard Pollard originally entered the NFL as Kansas City's second-round selection (54th overall) in the 2006 NFL Draft. Pollard played for the Chiefs for three seasons (2006-08).
- Chiefs General Manager Scott Pioli served as the Pro Personnel Coordinator in Baltimore in 1996. He moved to Baltimore when the franchise relocated from Cleveland, where he served as a Scouting Assistant (1992) and Pro Personnel Assistant (1993-95).
- Chiefs Defensive Line Coach Anthony Pleasant was a defensive end for the Ravens in 1996.
- Chiefs Quarterbacks Coach Jim Zorn held the same position in Baltimore in 2010.
- Kansas City WR Terrance Copper played for the Ravens during part of the 2008 season.
- Kansas City LB Edgar Jones spent ﬁve years in Baltimore (2007-11).
- Chiefs C Bryan Mattison spent three years with the Ravens (2008-10).
- Baltimore General Manager/Executive Vice President Ozzie Newsome (1991-95), Director of Pro Personnel Vincent Newsome (1993-95) and Vice President of Football Administration Pat Moriarty (1994-95) spent time in Cleveland with Kansas City General Manager Scott Pioli (1992-95) and Defensive Line Coach Anthony Pleasant (1990-95).
- Chiefs General Manager Scott Pioli spent the 1992 season in Cleveland while Baltimore Director of Pro Personnel Vincent Newsome played for the Browns.
- Kansas City General Manager Scott Pioli and Baltimore Senior Personnel Assistant George Kokinis spent four seasons (1992-95) in Cleveland together and another year after the franchise moved to Baltimore (1996).
- Baltimore Defensive Coordinator Dean Pees spent time in New England (2004-09) with several Chiefs: General Manager Scott Pioli (2000-08), Head Coach Romeo Crennel (2000-04), Offensive Coordinator BrianDaboll (2000-06), National Scout Jim Nagy (2002-08), Assistant General Manager Joel Collier (2005-07), Director of Player Development Katie Douglass (2003-08), QB Matt Cassel (2005-08), G Russ Hochstein (2002-08), Regional Scout Kyle O'Brien (2002-11) and Area Scout Jay Muraco (2000-08).
- Baltimore Head Coach John Harbaugh spent time in Philadelphia with Kansas City Defensive Backs Coach Emmitt Thomas and Director of Pro Personnel Ray Farmer (1998).
- Ravens Assistant Head Coach/Special Teams Coordinator Jerry Rosburg spent time in Cleveland (2001-06) with Chiefs Head Coach Romeo Crennel (2005-06), Assistant Head Coach Maurice Carthon (2005-06) and Director of Football Administration Trip MacCracken (1999-2009).
- Baltimore Defensive Line Coach Clarence Brooks and Chiefs Director of Football Administration Trip MacCracken spent the 1999 season together in Cleveland.
- Chiefs LB Andy Studebaker and Defensive Quality Control Coach Otis Smith were in Philadelphia in 2008 with Ravens S Sean Considine.
- Ravens Assistant Head Coach/Special Teams Coordinator Jerry Rosburg coached in Atlanta (2007) with Chiefs Defensive Backs Coach Emmitt Thomas and Special Teams Coach Tom McMahon.
- Baltimore Offensive Coordinator Cam Cameron spent the 1994 season in Washington with Chiefs Defensive Backs Coach Emmitt Thomas.
- Chiefs T Eric Winston (2006-11) played at Houston with Ravens WR Jacoby Jones (2007-11), S Bernard Pollard (2009-10) and FB Vonta Leach (2007-10).
- Baltimore Secondary Coach Teryl Austin coached in Seattle with Chiefs Quarterbacks Coach Jim Zorn (2003-06) and Head Strength and Conditioning Coach Mike Clark (2004-06).
- Ravens Secondary Coach Teryl Austin (2007-09) and WR Anquan Boldin (2003-09) spent time in Arizona with Chiefs Assistant Head Coach Maurice Carthon (2007-08) and WR Steve Breaston (2007-10).
- Baltimore Defensive Line Coach Clarence Brooks spent time in Miami with Chiefs Tight Ends Coach Bernie Parmalee (2002-04) and Assistant General Manager Joel Collier (2000-04).
- Baltimore Offensive Coordinator Cam Cameron and Offensive Quality Control Coach Jason Brooks spent the 2007 season in Miami with Chiefs DB Travis Daniels.
- Ravens Sr. Advisor to Player Development O.J. Brigance spent time (1996-99) in Miami while Chiefs Tight Ends Coach Bernie Parmalee (1992-98) was a running back for the Dolphins and Assistant General Manager Joel Collier (1994-2004) was an assistant coach.
- Ravens LB Brendon Ayanbadejo was in Miami in 2004 with Assistant General Manager Joel Collier and Tight Ends Coach Bernie Parmalee.
- Chiefs Offensive Quality Control Coach Jim Bob Cooter (2009-11) and G Ryan Lilja (2004-09) spent time in Indianapolis with Baltimore Quarterbacks Coach Jim Caldwell.
- Ravens Inside Linebackers Coach Don Martindale coached in Oakland while Chiefs CB Stanford Routt was there (2005-08).
- Ravens Inside Linebackers Coach Don Martindale spent time in Denver with Chiefs QB Brady Quinn (2010), RB Peyton Hillis (2009) and G Russ Hochstein (2009-10).
- Ravens C Matt Birk was in Minnesota for two seasons (2000-01) with Chiefs Defensive Backs Coach Emmitt Thomas.
- Baltimore TE Billy Bajema played the 2009-11 seasons in St. Louis with Chiefs Special Teams Coach Tom McMahon (2009-11), Special Teams Quality Control Coach Derius Swinton (2009-11) and C Bryan Mattison (2011).
- Chiefs General Manager Scott Pioli spent time at Syracuse as a graduate assistant (1988-89) while Baltimore Defensive Line Coach Clarence Brooks was coaching the linebackers.
- Chiefs National Scout Jim Nagy spent the 1993 season at Michigan with Baltimore Offensive Coordinator Cam Cameron.
- Ravens Assistant Special Teams Coach Chris Hewitt spent the 2003 season at Notre Dame while Chiefs QB Brady Quinn was on the roster.
- Ravens Offensive Line Coach Andy Moeller coached at Michigan while Chiefs WR Steve Breaston was on the roster (2003-06).
- Chiefs CB Javier Arenas and Ravens NT Terrence Cody and LB Courtney Upshaw played the 2008-09 seasons together at Alabama.
- Chiefs RB Jamaal Charles played the 2007 season at Texas with Ravens CB Chykie Brown and LB Sergio Kindle.
- Ravens LS Morgan Cox (2006-09) spent time at Tennessee with Chiefs S Eric Berry (2007-09), Offensive Quality Control Coach Jim Bob Cooter (2002-08) and Special Teams Quality Control Coach Derius Swinton (2007-08).
- Chiefs LB Justin Houston played two seasons (2007-08) at Georgia with Ravens LB Dannell Ellerbe. Houston also played at Georgia with Ravens DE DeAngelo Tyson (2008-10).
- Chiefs WR Terrance Copper spent his entire collegiate career at East Carolina with Ravens FB Vonta Leach (2000-03).
- Ravens T Michael Oher (2005-08) spent time at Mississippi with WR Dexter McCluster (2006-09), DL Jerrell Powe (2008-10) and S KendrickLewis (2006-09).
- Chiefs T Eric Winston played at Miami with Ravens S Ed Reed (2002).
- Chiefs CB Jalil Brown spent his entire collegiate career at Colorado with Ravens CB Jimmy Smith (2006-10).
- Ravens QB Tyrod Taylor played the 2007 season at Virginia Tech with Chiefs CB Brandon Flowers.
- Chiefs QB Ricky Stanzi (2006), C Bryan Mattison (2005-06) and TE Tony Moeaki (2005-06) played with Ravens G/T Marshal Yanda at Iowa.
- Chiefs T Branden Albert attended Glen Burnie High School in Glen Burnie, Md., where he was a standout football and basketball player.
- Ravens Offensive Line Coach Andy Moeller coached at Missouri for six seasons (1994-99).
- Ravens Linebackers Coach Ted Monachino was a standout athlete at South Harrison High School in Bethany, Mo., and then played at Missouribefore starting his coaching career at two Missouri high schools: Paciﬁc High School (1991-93) and Hannibal High School (1994-95). He later returned to the Show Me State to coach at Southwest Missouri State in 1999.
- Ravens CB Cary Williams played collegiately at Washburn University in Topeka, Kan., where he became the only player in school history to score a TD on an interception, kickoff return and reception in the same season.