The Kansas City Chiefs and San Diego Chargers will meet this weekend for Week 3 of the 2011 NFL season and there are plenty of connections between the two teams.
The big notable connections are Chiefs LB Brandon Siler, who was previously with San Diego for four years, and Chargers defensive coordinator Greg Manusky, who played for the Chiefs for six years.
Here are all your connections for this week's game, courtesy of the Chiefs game release:
- Chiefs LB Brandon Siler, curently on IR, played with San Diego (07-10).
- Chargers K Nick Novak spent time with the Chiefs (08).
- San Diego defensive coordinator Greg Manusky (94-99) and assistant secondary coach Cris Dishman (99) each played with Kansas City.
- Chargers director of player personnel Jimmy Raye III was an offensive quality control assistant with Kansas City (95).
- San Diego WRs coach Charlie Joiner held the same position for Kansas City (01-07).
More after the jump.
- Chargers strength and conditioning coach Jeff Hurd (98-06) coached and interned (92) for Kansas City and played collegiate baseball at Fort Hays State in Hays, Kan.
- Kansas City DL Amon Gordon prepped at Mira Mesa HS in San Diego.
- Chargers T Jeromey Clary played at Kansas State (02-05).
- San Diego S Darrell Stuckey played at Kansas (05-09) and is a native of Kansas City, Kan.
- Chargers LB Andrew Gachkar played at Missouri (07-10) and is a native of Overland Park, Kan.
- Chiefs area scout Jay Muraco interned with San Diego (92).
- KC video assistant Josh Schmidt spent time at the Univ. of San Diego.
- San Diego coaches assistant Steve Gera is a native of Kansas City, Mo. and attended Missouri.