Here we are.
So far, this Kansas City Chiefs season has been nothing but a total, utter, unmitigated, absolute, complete, redundant (OK, it’s just me that’s being redundant Although the argument could be made that getting the crap kicked out of us and turning the ball over is getting redundant at this point But I digress), piece-of-crap failure.
Honest to God, I’m actually grateful to have 12-14 hours of reading to do every night, because at least I can focus on something other than the sad state of our affairs Spending 6 hours figuring out exactly what constitutes battery (you’d think it’s pretty straightforward: "don’t punch people in the face for no reason." Turns out it’s actually insanely complicated Yay judicial system and gray areas!) doesn’t sound so bad when my only alternatives are t
- A) Spend those 6 hours studying another (equally dense) subject
- B) Watch one of the zillions of crappy movies on Netflix
- C) Stare into space and try to remember why I thought it might be kind of fun to have some time to myself
- D) Watch, read about, or debate about our Chiefs getting off to a historically bad start
- E) Weep openly about our Chiefs getting off to a historically bad start
But I am what I am, and what I am is a fanatic I can’t stop thinking about our boys What’s the problem? What’s the solution? Is it time to blow everything up? Are we all overreacting? Are we as low on talent as we were 2 years ago, and we’ve been kidding ourselves? Have the last two games (and arguably the last 4) been some kind of aberration?
But first, here’s a prediction for you: at least a half dozen people are going to not bother to read the rest of this an post a comment that sounds like this: