What do Green Bay Packers head coach Mike McCarthy, Kansas City Chiefs DB coach Emmitt Thomas, Packers TE Tom Crabtree and WR Jordy Nelson have in common?
They're all part of this week's Chiefs connections with the Packers.
Tip o' the hat to the Chiefs PR department for coming up with the connections between the Chiefs and Packers.
- Packers head coach Mike McCarthy served as an offensive quality control coach (93-94) and QBs coach (95-98) with the Chiefs. He also attended Baker (Kan.) University and is a member of that school's HOF.
- Chiefs DBs coach Emmitt Thomas served as defensive coordinator with the Packers (99).
- Chiefs LS Thomas Gafford originally entered the NFL with the Packers.
- Kansas City area scout Jim Nagy interned in Green Bay's personnel department (96).
- Packers TE Tom Crabtree entered the NFL as a rookie free agent with the Chiefs in 2009 and was a teammate of Chiefs TE Jake O'Connell at Miami (Oh.).
More connections after the jump.
Green Bay LB Erik Walden played with the Chiefs in 2008.
- Green Bay VP of football administration/player finance Russ Ball worked with Kansas City (89-98) and Missouri (82-88).
- Packers VP of sales and marketing Tim Connolly spent time with the Chiefs (89-95).
- Green Bay assistant director of pro personnel Tim Terry (99) and director of player development Rob Davis (96) both attended training camp with Kansas City.
- Packers college scout Brian Gutekunst was a scouting assistant with the Chiefs (98).
- Green Bay WR Jordy Nelson is a native of Manhattan, Kan. and played collegiately at Kansas State.
- Chiefs area scout Ryan Kessenich is a native of Madison, Wis.
- Chiefs LB Pierre Walters and Packers T Chris Campbell were teammates at Eastern Illinois.
- Kansas City TE Tony Moeaki and QB Ricky Stanzi were teammates of Green Bay T Bryan Bulaga at Iowa.
- Kansas City FB Mike Cox and Green Bay S Morgan Burnett played together at Georgia Tech.