The Kansas City Chiefs have scored a major value pick by drafting Georgia LB Justin Houston in the third -- not first round -- of the 2011 NFL Draft. This is a great pick, as usual in this draft by Scott Pioli and company.
Here are some quick hits, since the Chiefs' next pick is coming up very soon:
- The Kansas City Chiefs reportedly visited with Houston prior to the NFL draft. He was one of the earliest additions to our draft interests table.
- Mike Mayock said of Houston, "When he put his hand in the dirt, he was special. In the right environment, this kid can turn it on. For Kansas City, they need this player."
- NFL Draft Scout rates 6'2", 270 pound Houston as the fifth best linebacker in the draft. He runs a 4.62 40-yard dash.
- He was named a 2010 team captain.
- Houston went 24th overall in the AP Mock Draft.
The Kansas City Chiefs' final pick of the day is in 16 picks at No. 86.