The Kansas City Chiefs and New England Patriots will meet on Monday Night Football this week and, oddly enough, the last time they played each other on Monday night came nearly seven years ago to the day of this year's matchup.
On Nov. 22 in 2004, the Chiefs hosted the Patriots at Arrowhead on Monday night and dropped the game, 27-19. That was back when the Chiefs offense was awesome (ranked second) and the defense was miserable (ranked 29th). The Patriots did pretty well that year winning the Super Bowl with the fourth ranked offense and second ranked defense.
A few other random Chiefs-Patriots tidbits:
- The Chiefs and Patriots have been playing for 52 years and KC holds a career 16-12-3 record in this games.
- The Chiefs are 6-9-2 at New England in the history of the series.
- Dating back to 2000 (Pioli's first season in New England), the Chiefs are 1-4 against the Patriots.
- KC's last win in New England? I'll give you a hint: Marty and Carl were in year two of the five-year plan.
- The most talked about meeting between the Chiefs and Patriots is of course the Tom Brady injury game in 2008's season opener.