It's Indianapolis Colts week which means it's time to peruse the Kansas City Chiefs game release for the connections between the two teams.
My childhood has been scarred by memories of Chiefs and Colts games, most notably in January 1996, January 2004 and January 2007.
Ryan Lilja, former Colts offensive lineman, highlights this week's connections.
- Chiefs GM Scott Pioli and Colts K Adam Vinatieri were both members of the New England Patriots when the franchise won three Super Bowl titles.
- Pioli and assistant GM Joel Collier served as graduate assistants when Indianapolis RBs coach David Walker played RB for Syracuse in '89.
- Chiefs head coach Tod Haley was a scouting assistant with the NY Jets in '96 when Colts WRs coach Frank Reich played QB for the franchise.
- Kansas City assistant head coach Maurice Carthon (92) and offensive coordinator/OL coach Bill Muir (89-91) coached in Indianapolis.
- Chiefs G Ryan Lilja played six seasons with the Colts (04-09).
- Kansas City C Casey Wiegmann entered the NFL as a rookie free agent with Indianapolis (96).
- Kansas City area scout Willie Davis served a minority coaching fellowship with the Colts (05).
- Indianapolis vice chairman Bill Polian spent five years (78-82) as a pro scout with Kansas City.
- Chiefs WRs coach Richie Anderson was a teammate of Colts QB Kerry Collins at Penn State (91-92).
- Chiefs TEs coach Bernie Parmalee coached at Notre Dame (05-09) and played collegiately at Ball State.
- Chiefs S/CB Donald Washington is a native of Indianapolis, Ind.
- Colts assistant OL coach Ron Prince was the head coach at Kansas State (06-08). He also played (88-90) and coached (92) at Dodge City CC.
- Colts TE Brody Eldridge is a native of La Cygne, Kan.
- Chiefs P Dustin Colquitt's father, Craig Colquitt, played for the Colts (87).
- Pro Football Hall of Fame QB and Chiefs radio network analyst Len Dawson played at Purdue.