The Kansas City Chiefs will host the San Diego Chargers on Monday Night Football and we'll see a Chargers quarterback that's struggling. Considering this is Philip Rivers, struggling is a surprising word to be using.
He has as many interceptions (9) as he did in his Pro Bowl 2009 season and only four less than he did all of last year. He's completing a high number of his passes (as usual) but something seems to be off. He says he's healthy so that's apparently not a problem.
I went to our Chargers blog, Bolts From The Blue, and asked: What's up with Philip Rivers? They gave me eight theories on why he's struggling:
- He was injured in the game against the Patriots (bruised/broken/cracked ribs or sternum) and isn't telling anybody.
- His arm strength has diminished so greatly, only getting strong enough to make him an elite QB when his knee was busted and he could only work on the upper body.
- Rob Chudzinski is gone.
- Darren Sproles is gone.
- Antonio Gates is injured/was gone.
- Defenses have figured Rivers out, finally.
- Something something "lockout".