The good guys face off against the bad guys as the Kansas City Chiefs travel to the west coast to play the Oakland Raiders. The two teams have been playing each other for decades so there are a few connections between the players and coaching staffs of each team.
Courtesy of the Chiefs game release, here are your weekly connections between the Chiefs and the Raiders.
- Chiefs GM Scott Pioli and Oakland DT Richard Seymour were members of the New England Patriots (02-08) when the franchise won three Super Bowls.
- Oakland offensive coordinator Al Saunders (89-98, 01-05) worked with Kansas City.
- Raiders DBs coach Kevin Ross played with Kansas City (84-93, 97) and will be inducted into the Chiefs Hall of Honor of Oct. 31.
- Raiders CB Chris Johnson spent time with Kansas City in 2006.
- Chiefs T Jared Gaither, DT Kelly Gregg, and FB Le'Ron McClain were teammates of Raiders QB Kyle Boller with the Baltimore Ravens.
- Oakland RB Rock Cartwright played collegiately at Kansas State (00-01).
- Oakland QB Jason Campbell and RB Rock Cartwright played for Chiefs QBs coach Jim Zorn when he was head coach of the Washington Redskins.
- Raiders strength coach Brad Roll coached at Kansas (87-88).
- Oakland LB Kamerion Wimbley played for Chiefs defensive coordinator Romeo Crennel when he was head coach of the Cleveland Browns (06-08). Wimbley also prepped at Northwest HS in Wichita, Kan.
- Kansas City football operations assistant Tom Caracciolo is the brother of Oakland football operations staffer Pete Caracciolo.