I've got quite a few notes about the first two quarters after the jump so here are some quick hits:
- Jamaal Charles ran for a touchdown and Matt Cassel hit TE Tony Moeaki for the Chiefs' two scores;
- The crowd is definitely a factor - the Chargers have been harassed all night by the Arrowhead faithful; and,
- Joel tells me it's raining quite a bit at Arrowhead Stadium, as well as lightning near by.
I've got a bunch of notes, after the jump.
- RB Jamaal Charles had an awesome 56-yard TD run in the first quarter. It was his second touch of the game and season. That TD felt as good as any TD last season;
- CB Brandon Flowers had a nice tackle for about a one-yard loss on the right side of the line of scrimmage. Business as usual for Flowers;
- So far, the Chargers have two delay of game penalties and have used one timeout due to the Arrowhead Stadium crowd noise;
- Javier Arenas almost broke a punt return for a touchdown but Andy Studebaker let the Chargers' punter get to Arenas. He also had another solid
- Chiefs punter Dustin Colquitt had a 7-yard punt in the second quarter that was all his fault;
- Besides Jamaal Charles' 56-yard TD run and a couple of good 5+ yard runs by Thomas Jones, the Chiefs' offense has been anemic;
- LB Derrick Johnson stripped the ball from Chargers' rookie Ryan Mathews and Chiefs' CB Brandon Carr recovered it for the Chiefs' first turnover;
- QB Matt Cassel had a gutsy run near the goal line for a first down;
- After that Cassel run, the Chiefs' called a play action fake and Cassel hit rookie TE Tony Moeaki for an easy touchdown reception;