The Kansas City Chiefs take on the Philadelphia Eagles this weekend in the KC Chiefs third NFL preseason game of a four game schedule. The Chiefs will be looking for their first preseason win of 2010. If you haven't been watching these games, definitely take this one in. The Chiefs will be playing their starters at least through the first half I'd imagine. And a lot of those faces they'll see on the other side of the field will be related to Missouri football somehow.
This week's connection post, courtesy of the mothership, is filled with some interesting tidbits. Read on to find out:
- Kansas City Chief Operating Ofﬁcer Mark Donovan served as Senior Vice President of Business Operations with Philadelphia (2003-08).
- Chiefs Vice President of Media & Marketing Rob Alberino served in a similar position with the Eagles ('97-09).
- Chiefs DBs coach Emmitt Thomas served as the def. coordinator with the Eagles ('95-98).
- Chiefs OL coach Bill Muir served in a similar capacity with the Eagles ('92- 94). He played and coached at Susquehanna University.
- Chiefs Dir. of Pro Personnel Ray Farmer was an Eagles LB ('96-99).
- KC def. quality control coach Otis Smith played with PHI ('90-94) and served as the club's asst. secondary coach (2008).
- KC area scout Jay Muraco worked in the PHI personnel department ('96- 99).
- Chiefs S Reshard Langford spent part of the 2009 season on the Eagles practice squad.
- Kansas City head athletic trainer Dave Price spent 10 seasons as an asst. trainer with Philadelphia ('86-95). He is a native of Quakertown, PA.
- KC LB Andy Studebaker was an Eagles sixth-round pick in 2008.
- Eagles CB Dimitri Patterson played with the Chiefs (2007-08).
- Kansas City LB Derrick Johnson's brother Dwight played with Philadelphia (2000).
- Kansas City WRs coach Richie Anderson and LB Tamba Hali each played at Penn State.
- Philadelphia head coach Andy Redi coached at Missouri ('89-91).
- Philadelphia WR Jeremy Maclin and WR Jared Perry each played at Missouri.
- Eagles TE Clay Harbor played at Missouri State.
- Philadephia WR DeSean Jackson brother Byron Jackson was on the Chiefs practice squad in '92.
- Chiefs FB Mike Cox prepped at Red Land HS in New Cumberland, PA.