It was a rough start for the Kansas City Chiefs but they tied the Atlanta Falcons 3-3 on a 19-yard Ryan Succop field goal as time expired in the first half.
Here are some notes on the game:
- Jamaal Charles is looking fantastic, darting between defensive players, catching balls and basically continuing what he was doing in '09;
- The Chiefs' offense came alive a bit early in the second quarter, as KC got a series of first down mostly on the strength of Jamaal Charles' running;
- Dexter McCluster got several carries in a row. The Chiefs are capitalizing on his speed with those sweeps.
- Ryan Succop hit the upright on a 53-yard field goal attempt, which would have tied the game at three;
- The Falcons missed a long field goal with 9 minutes left in the half;
- Brodie Croyle came in for Cassel late in the first half. He quickly completed a couple of passes.
- On third down, Croyle ran and dove for the first down.
- Kestahn Moore had a nice eight-yard run on first down.
- McCluster dropped a short Croyle pass with less than a minute in the half that would have been for good yardage.
- Leonard Pope dropped a pass from Croyle inside the five with 20 seconds left. He should have caught it.
- Kestahn Moore broke a tackle after catching a Croyle pass that got him inside the two yard line.
- Ryan Succop made his first of three field goal attempts to tie the game at three as time expired in the first half.
Names that pop out at me early: Kestahn Moore and Dexter McCluster.